file i dont get presses

07 Jan 2022 14:26 #104409 by TobyB
i dont get presses was created by TobyB
So by default, if no-one can get any presses from cards or effects, does combat always end after one round? seems weird.

It says "if there is an uncancelled press to continue, then another round of combat begins." but as they dont have any presses by default, then mostly combat would just end, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2022 15:41 #104410 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic i dont get presses
Yes, combats end if there are no presses. Most combat do not have presses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TobyB

More
07 Jan 2022 21:12 #104411 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic i dont get presses

So by default, if no-one can get any presses from cards or effects, does combat always end after one round? seems weird.

It says "if there is an uncancelled press to continue, then another round of combat begins." but as they dont have any presses by default, then mostly combat would just end, right?

This is correct.

Generally, you need to have combat cards to have meaningful combat.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

The following user(s) said Thank You: TobyB

More
08 Jan 2022 13:15 #104413 by TobyB
Replied by TobyB on topic i dont get presses
this is super interesting. so generally combat is just the result of an intercept being succesful? the bleed/action didn't succeed lets move on? Only very specialized combat decks actually send vampires to torpor as a route to victory. is this correct?

More
08 Jan 2022 19:29 #104420 by lip
Replied by lip on topic i dont get presses
Well, combat has many uses. You might want to read the Codex strategy guide to get a feeling on how things interact ☺︎ codex-of-the-damned.org/en/strategy/combat.html

More
09 Jan 2022 14:48 - 09 Jan 2022 14:51 #104429 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic i dont get presses

this is super interesting. so generally combat is just the result of an intercept being succesful? the bleed/action didn't succeed lets move on? Only very specialized combat decks actually send vampires to torpor as a route to victory. is this correct?

Pretty much correct. There are two main ways to get into combat: Either successfully blocking something, or using an action via some card to enter combat (nicknamed "rush"). Combat-focused decks that use the latter method are called "rush combat". The former "combat wall".

Some vampires have an in-built ability to enter combat with other vampires as an action (such as Theo Bell from the brujah V5 starter)

Note that sending vampires to torpor does not get you ousts, reducing your preys pool to zero gets you an oust and a victory point. Combat is tool for getting into position where you can oust your prey or keep your predator at bay.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 09 Jan 2022 14:51 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds