file Question cardpool for V5 format

30 Mar 2023 23:08 - 30 Mar 2023 23:11 #107763 by Oracle.kid
Hi there,

a friend and I are planning to run a V5 tournament. While doing so, we came (again) across clarity issues, which cards can be officially considered V5.

In every discussion (e.g. in the Discord) I've witnessed about this topic, people appear to have different understandings about what cards V5 should contain. So we thought an official statement would be helpful. The reason for this is clarity - people could gain a congruent "feel" for V5. As of now, every organizer can of course make a custom limited format. But this bears (on a middle-range timescale) the risk of a wide variety of "V5" terms being established and cause confusion.

In the vdb-Link you find a list of cards including all Precons as well as New Blood and FoL and Promo Pack 3. But there are several single promos which aren't as clear (some of them are included as well):
Promo Pack 2: Are the G6 Barons supposed to be V5? Is Murmur of the False Will?
Single Promos: Charisma, Boleslaw Gutowski, Kuyen, Direct Intervention, Maila, Anarch Convert, Fee Stakes Corte, LA, Perth

Thanks in advance :)

vdb.im/decks/053a72e7c8174c60b29a293cbb705c8b
Last edit: 30 Mar 2023 23:11 by Oracle.kid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2023 00:19 - 31 Mar 2023 00:20 #107764 by kschaefer
IANBCP, but here's my take:
Yes to Promo Pack 2 Barons. (only thing that predates V5 set release that seems like it should be included)
No to rest of Promo Pack 2 (those were reprints for text migrations)
No to Charisma. (predates V5)
Yes to Boleslaw
Yes to Kuyen
No to DI. There simply isn't a lot of cancel in V5. Don't introduce it with a promo.
Yes to Maila (though feel free to say no because of its limited distribution if that makes it more fair for the player base)
Yes to Anarch Convert
Yes to Fee Stakes Corte, LA, and Perth
Last edit: 31 Mar 2023 00:20 by kschaefer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oracle.kid

More
31 Mar 2023 07:59 #107765 by Ankha

Hi there,

a friend and I are planning to run a V5 tournament. While doing so, we came (again) across clarity issues, which cards can be officially considered V5.

In every discussion (e.g. in the Discord) I've witnessed about this topic, people appear to have different understandings about what cards V5 should contain. So we thought an official statement would be helpful. The reason for this is clarity - people could gain a congruent "feel" for V5. As of now, every organizer can of course make a custom limited format. But this bears (on a middle-range timescale) the risk of a wide variety of "V5" terms being established and cause confusion.

The subject is being discussed between the National Coordinators. There will be an official statement later.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased, Oracle.kid

More
02 Apr 2023 13:47 #107773 by Oracle.kid
Thanks for the reply :)

Is it by any chance (roughly) forseeable, how long the discussion is going to take? Just that we know how to consider for our planning :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds