file Print on Demand and Maleficia, Striga and Temporis?

03 Feb 2024 17:52 - 03 Feb 2024 23:03 #110609 by Dthamilaye
Hello.

How is it decided what cards are put into POD?

I understand that some staple cards that have not been printed in a while are good to put first out as promos and rewards and then in precons. I have to say that lately the most improtant of such cards have been appearing at least somewhere in the precons, i.e. cards like Archon Investigation, My enemys enemy, bunch of expensive Anarch cards etc, and I am very grateful for that.

Then, I also understand that some old disciplines were just completely dumped in the RPG, and thus also in VTES, and those were all added to POD, as there will never be reprints or new cards for them, i.e. disciplines like Chimerstry, Obeah, Serpentis etc. This was also great move, again, thanks for this.

I'm not quite sure why all infernal cards were put into POD, but I do not complain. Maybe the RPG does not have such vampire type anymore, and/or Daimoinon discipline?

However, what I do not understand is why Maleficia, Striga and Temporis have not been assigned to POD yet?

Will there be new cards for Maleficia, Striga or Temporis, or reprints in some form in future products? As far as I understand, these are as dead disciplines (or "not-a-disciplines") as Chimerstry, Serpentis or Obeah?

Some of the cards (Barrenness, Strix, Tangle Atropos hand and Hourglass of the mind , for example) are now one of the most expensive cards on second hand market, and there simply are no Fractura anywhere. There has been some reprints (Tangle as promo, Outside as a 2-of in one precon), but many of the cards are very difficult and expensive to get.

I have been looking forward on making my combat Striga deck, but it seems the only option is to use community made proxies from POD. Barrenness (or scobax) decks have not conquered the TWDA either, so I don't see the powerlevel being a problem either.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2024 23:03 by Dthamilaye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas, NecroB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds