file It's time to remove "Become Anarch" action from the rulebook.

02 Mar 2024 22:18 #110805 by AaronC
"Anarch" is no longer a trait: it is a Sect.

Whole clans of vampires have been and will continue to be printed with the Anarch Sect.

There is no cardless action to become a member of other Sects.

The Anarch Sect is arguably the best Sect in the game. Its non-titled member gain access to a large range of cards that are superior to the cards available to non-titled members of other Sects in terms of quantity and quality, particularly combat cards.

For instance, the only cards that non-Camarilla vampires can play based on their Sect are political actions, almost all of which grant titles. Meanwhile, the Anarch Sect grants its non-titled members access to 76 cards, not counting Fee Stakes.

With those kinds of options, it's no wonder that we so many non-titled vampires becoming Anarch.

The Anarch Sect doesn't need help anymore. There is no more reason to have a "Become Anarch" cardless action in the rulebook, so it should be removed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kilrauko, DavidR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2024 23:11 #110806 by Kilrauko

"Anarch" is no longer a trait: it is a Sect.

Whole clans of vampires have been and will continue to be printed with the Anarch Sect.

There is no cardless action to become a member of other Sects.

The Anarch Sect is arguably the best Sect in the game. Its non-titled member gain access to a large range of cards that are superior to the cards available to non-titled members of other Sects in terms of quantity and quality, particularly combat cards.

For instance, the only cards that non-Camarilla vampires can play based on their Sect are political actions, almost all of which grant titles. Meanwhile, the Anarch Sect grants its non-titled members access to 76 cards, not counting Fee Stakes.

With those kinds of options, it's no wonder that we so many non-titled vampires becoming Anarch.

The Anarch Sect doesn't need help anymore. There is no more reason to have a "Become Anarch" cardless action in the rulebook, so it should be removed.

First, while it's fine to announce wishes, News and Announcements is a wrong part of the forum for rules suggestions.

Second. If this change is aimed at reducing the help for anarch sect, why does it boost the effectiveness of Anarch Revolt against multitude of decks without anarchs or anarch converts by preventing them from gaining immunity against player placing one Anarch Revolt down every turn...
Name: Anarch Revolt
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:U, Anarchs:PAB2, KMW:PAn, Third:U, V5C:PTz1]
Cardtype: Master
Put this card in play. A Methuselah not controlling a ready Anarch burns 1 pool during their unlock phase. Vampires can call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action.
Artist: Pete Venters; Steve Prescott

Due to Anarch Revolt's changed current existence, I disagree with this suggestion. I'm not even sure if return to the Jyhad era text with Anarch Revolt is enough to change that disagreement to neutral, after all we lose Infamous Insurgent Enkidu...

Anarch Revolt Master. Each Methuselah loses 1 pool each turn during his or her untap phase. Any vampire can burn this card by calling a vote as a political action, which would be at +1 stealth. Who makes the rules? Someone else! Oingo Boingo, No Spill Blood

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.

More
03 Mar 2024 00:17 #110807 by kschaefer
One could argue that the missing piece is the ability to become a member of other sects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased, Kilrauko, Thalco

More
03 Mar 2024 01:05 - 03 Mar 2024 01:06 #110808 by AaronC

First, while it's fine to announce wishes, News and Announcements is a wrong part of the forum for rules suggestions.

I didn't realize this forum was split into subforums. When I read the forum, I just read the feed of latest posts. In this case, I just pushed the first button that said "New Post"

Can I move this post to the appropriate subforum, or delete it and start again?
Last edit: 03 Mar 2024 01:06 by AaronC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kilrauko

More
03 Mar 2024 04:27 #110809 by AaronC

One could argue that the missing piece is the ability to become a member of other sects.

Is that what you are arguing?

That there should be "Become Camarilla", "Become Sabbat", "Become Independent", and "Become Laibon" cardless actions in the rulebook?

More
03 Mar 2024 11:53 #110812 by Ankha

I didn't realize this forum was split into subforums. When I read the forum, I just read the feed of latest posts. In this case, I just pushed the first button that said "New Post"

Can I move this post to the appropriate subforum, or delete it and start again?

You can't do it by yourself, I've moved it.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kilrauko

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds