question-circle Uses for New Carthage?

01 Feb 2011 00:11 #966 by brandonsantacruz
Hi All,
What sorts of uses for New Carthage have you found? Seeing as it gives +1 bleed AND +1 vote to titled Brujah, what sorts of decks do you use it in? Having those permanent effects frees up card slots for different things, so that's more room for decapitate, right? :P

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2011 01:16 #967 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Uses for New Carthage?
I like it very much in my Brujah Debate, mass Embrace, title givin', pool bloatin' fun.
I need to have'em titled for 2nd trad and vote actions anyway...
Might as well boost the votes and bleed. ;)

Tiago

More
05 Feb 2011 00:10 #1051 by echiang
Replied by echiang on topic Re: Uses for New Carthage?
If you're playing Princes/Justicar, it combines well with Carthage Remembered (now everyone is bleeding for 2 at +1 stealth). Possibly more stealth if you decide to stack Carthage Remembered (which is not unique).

For less conventional ideas, makes me almost want to give Brujah Primogen a try, since Of Noble Blood essentially gives you 2 votes and +1 bleed. Reginald Moore, Pug Jackson, and Tomaine seem to form the backbone of such a deck, but the lineup of 6+ caps in Group 3/4 is a bit weak, and most of the time it seems like you'd be better off just playing Princes instead.

Another possibility which I think has a lot of potential (which I haven't seen done yet), is using New Carthage with Brujah Barons. New Carthage only cares about titled Brujah (doesn't necessarily have to be Camarilla titles). The extra votes will come in really handy when people try to get rid of your Fee Stakes.

Speaking of less conventional titles, it could hypothetically work with the Liaison title (Rise of the Nephtali), which could be quickly taken by Independent Brujah like Theo (Advanced), Menele (Advanced), Jack Drake, Count Germaine (Advanced), or Jeremy MacNeil (Advanced). Count Germaine as an Infamous Insurgent could also have a lot of fun with New Carthage (even more if he becomes Baron). New Carthage also makes Imperator slightly more playable in big Brujah decks.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
06 Feb 2011 04:12 #1069 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Uses for New Carthage?
Eurobrujah stealth/bleed is yet another entry on the list of deck ideas I've had kicking around in my head for ages, but haven't ever gotten around to actually building. It'd be awfully good in that deck.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds