exclamation-circle Deck Build Lecture during the EC 2011?

11 Sep 2011 04:00 #9912 by MSummers
Just echoing the sentiment that I hope it goes on Youtube or is at least transcribed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2011 06:29 - 12 Sep 2011 06:29 #9980 by Lönkka

Ofcourse! If anyone is willing to film it, it could go on to youtube. :)

Filming would indeed be great!
I've been think about visiting the city during Thursday and others might want to do the same so placing the lecture in the middle of day would be a big no-no. Evening would certainly be better suited for this!

I've recently been ponering about taping next year's finals at Ropecon and/or Finnish NC. Heck, why not at the EC this year? And in post production it certainly would be awesome to add spirited commentary and banter to it aking to poker tournaments!

("... Jari, Erik certainly seems to be going in for the kill. But since he's fresh out of bounce, can Hugh top deck that needed 3rd intercept?"

"Indeed Jarkko, or one of the two Archon Investigations we've seen him use in preliminary rounds?...")

C/ Something about the Girls. The Swedes "invented" it, at least were the best with it last year in Paris.

All the glory to Erik & co for honing the archetype to even greater perfection, but wasn't Girls archetype winvented by Teemu Sainomaa from Finland and saw international used by him at Praha/Prague EC in 2008? He got to the finals on Saturday IIRC (or was it Friday?) -check TWDA for "Girls will find your blind spot" for earlier use in Finland.

True, some 200+ years ago we were part of Sweden but I don't think that will count Teemu as a Swede... Same as the people in the colonies on the other side of Atlantic, are not Brits anymore ;)

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 12 Sep 2011 06:29 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
12 Sep 2011 08:40 #9985 by Sudden Reversal
Filming of both the deck building lecture (should it go ahead as I hope it does) and the Final tables would be greatly appreciated.

The footage of the 2009 EC Finals was invaluable and very enjoyable. If not on youtube please at least release as a torrent for easy sharing.

Aaron
Archbishop
Adelaide

More
12 Sep 2011 09:01 #9989 by Szewski
I can reveal that one of the extras of EC will be the dvd-documentary. It will be filmed by Mr. Daniel Halat.
We're planning some sort of 3-days documentary with some interviews, gaming...etc etc

We have more suprises :) but I cannot tell anything because not everything is confirmed yet.

Regards
Szewski

More
12 Sep 2011 09:09 #9990 by Pascal Bertrand

C/ Something about the Girls. The Swedes "invented" it, at least were the best with it last year in Paris.

All the glory to Erik & co for honing the archetype to even greater perfection, but wasn't Girls archetype winvented by Teemu Sainomaa from Finland and saw international used by him at Praha/Prague EC in 2008? He got to the finals on Saturday IIRC (or was it Friday?) -check TWDA for "Girls will find your blind spot" for earlier use in Finland.

True, some 200+ years ago we were part of Sweden but I don't think that will count Teemu as a Swede... Same as the people in the colonies on the other side of Atlantic, are not Brits anymore ;)

All my sincere apologies to the Finns :)

More
12 Sep 2011 11:12 #10002 by Lönkka
Szewski, great news!

All my sincere apologies to the Finns :)

Sacre bleu!
For the last time you have insulted the honor of my country and my countryman!
During EC on Friday it'll be rapiers at sunrise.

Let's add:
;) & no harm done so no-one actually thinks for a second that I'm serious...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds