file Change name of the game (from VTES into Vampire)

13 Nov 2012 19:10 - 14 Nov 2012 06:36 #40899 by Ke.
Convince all players to stop referring to the game as VTES and get them to start referring to it as Vampire. From there if conversation progresses you can mention the eternal struggle element.

What game are you guys playing? Vampire — works a hell of a lot better than VTES and it's one less thing to explain... From a trade mark perspective the full text can still apply.
Last edit: 14 Nov 2012 06:36 by Migalart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: david.tatu, Dr.Mafrune, brandonsantacruz, dude_PL, Migalart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2012 19:47 - 13 Nov 2012 22:46 #40903 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: Open disscusion

Convince all players to stop referring to the game as VTES and get them to start referring to it as Vampire. From there if conversation progresses you can mention the eternal struggle element.

What game are you guys playing? Vampire — works a hell of a lot better than VTES and it's one less thing to explain... From a trade mark perspective the full text can still apply.

The folks I played with during my time in NZ consistently called the game "Jyhad" and refused to use any other term. Personally I didn't care (I guess the fact that they were really old school explains it anyway), but this could put some "unbelievers" off :)

But on the topic - totally agree with this. In Poland we call the game "Vampire", although we use the term VTES between us. I guess calling the game "Vampire" in any official text (or even giving the full name now and then) wouldn't hurt.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2012 22:46 by dude_PL.

More
14 Nov 2012 06:50 - 14 Nov 2012 15:54 #40915 by Migalart
Replied by Migalart on topic Re: Open disscusion
There is no chance to keep different official BRAND and create a rule that in the conversation players will apply different card name ;)

What you can do in theory - is change the BRAND so it would be simpler, etc
But there is a question regarding legal issues here. The idea itself is worth of thinking but will be rather difficult.

If we have clear way....
for me BRAND - "Vampire Card Game" is much better than BRAND "Vampire The Eternal Struggle"
but we do not have clear way.

We have to remember that in the past there was a specific marketing strategy for branding card game and RPG game and so there was:

Vampire The Masquerade for RPG
Vampire The Eternal Struggle for CCG

VEKN Marketing CoDirector
Last edit: 14 Nov 2012 15:54 by Migalart.

More
14 Nov 2012 08:13 #40924 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Open disscusion
I am absolutely against the name change. Two reason : I use "vampire" for the RPG, and it would be confusing. And names changes make a brand less known, not more known.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScoundrelAtHeart

More
14 Nov 2012 14:24 #40951 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Open disscusion
World of Darkness C(ard)G(ame) ?

Along with new card backs, and discontinued deckmaster brand ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
14 Nov 2012 16:10 #40960 by ReverendRevolver
I see no reason to change the name. "Vampire " is incredibly generic. ten years ago, I would probably ne more inclined to agree, but especially here in the states, vampires in pop culture are no longer what they used to be. saying vampire is a lot less identifying compared to saying vtes. I'm just not even remotely sold on the necessity or practicality of changing the name.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds