file Preaching to the choir....

20 May 2013 16:01 - 20 May 2013 16:19 #48795 by Damnans

The survey itself was in English, so the results are biased towards English speaking players. By comparing those results with another indicator of national activity, i.e. the number of tournaments held or the attendance to the NC, you might be able to detect if a community is under-represented because of the language bias. I have a gut feeling that the Spanish at least are missing, maybe the Brazilian too. I guess the Swedes all speak English anyway.

225 Spaniards answered the survey. No other country had so many players answering it.

However, the above data simply prove that most Spanish players accessed the survey from English websites.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 20 May 2013 16:19 by Damnans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2013 16:07 #48797 by Damnans
In addition, I think that Facebook should not be entirely counted as an English website, because it is also available in Spanish. And taking into account that I announced the survey in Spanish on Facebook as well, considering such a traffic coming from a website in English is not accurate.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
21 May 2013 05:34 #48836 by Lönkka

The survey itself was in English, so the results are biased towards English speaking players.

The game itself is in english...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds