file Pairs of tokens

10 Jan 2013 11:14 #43868 by Boris The Blade
Following this thread:

www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/6-rules-questions/43621-non-mortal-minion?limit=10&start=10

"There are cards that are linked to more than one card or player: master cards played on another player's minion, superior Unholy Penance, Bauble, Blood Stone, boons,... No matter where you put those on the table, there will always be something else to remember."

How about making sets of matched pairs of tokens? So when you play your Unholy Penance, you put the card on the opposing minion (as per card text) with one token on it and the other token on your minion to remember who has +1 bleed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2013 13:45 #43877 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: Pairs of tokens
It was discussed elsewhere the creation of cards to count as discipline to be used with Sanguine Instruction, Spontaneous power or other abilities.

This tokens are also a good idea. Spying mission, unholy penance and other similar cards that have this type of effects, like contracts should have a token associated.

More
10 Jan 2013 14:35 #43892 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Pairs of tokens
Using a few colored or labeled sleeves solves this problem for less than one cent. I carry several differently-colored sleeves with me at all times.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
10 Jan 2013 15:28 #43896 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: Pairs of tokens
How do you sleeve a methuselah? :P (no need to answer with links to SM sites)

More seriously, this is not the DIY section, it is the VEKN marketing ideas section. You can also play on an old newspapers or directly on the table. That does not mean the gaming mat project should not be carried on.

More
10 Jan 2013 16:50 #43903 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Pairs of tokens
I think it's great that players are throwing everything up against a wall and seeing what sticks. I enjoy seeing all the ideas from everyone being given a public forum. I'd just prefer that the VEKN put their effort towards V:TES-specific products that the player base can get no other way -- such as the gaming mat project, which is a V:TES-specific playmat with V:TES-specific play area divisions on the mat itself.

Things such as "tokens", while perhaps cheap in cost, can be duplicated with sleeves, beads, coins, or other items, and are neither V:TES-specific nor do they help to promote play, nor do they improve player retention and gathering. As such, I'd prefer that these items were made locally or regionally -- and sold if useful; see Robert Goudie's V:TES pins as examples -- and not by the organization responsible for maintaining and promoting the game.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds