file $1 print on demand

06 Oct 2013 06:00 #54836 by Juggernaut1981
Mir,
The debate came to the conclusion that:

You print them on 'normal' paper and insert it in a sleeve in front of a pre-made VTES card.

For printing, I would recommend you go to a Kinkos-type printer who uses 300dpi or greater full colour printer. If you're good with scissors then cut them out that way, but I would recommend a good craft scalpel/knife and a metal ruler.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2013 07:08 #54838 by mirddes
Replied by mirddes on topic Re: $1 print on demand
ive never used sleeves before; didnt think they woudl make the paper rigid enough

More
06 Oct 2013 10:56 #54841 by DeathInABottle
They don't. You'll want to put the printed paper in front of an existing card you're not using and then put both inside the sleeve.

More
06 Oct 2013 12:17 #54846 by ReverendRevolver
You just need sleeves, that stack of cards you know youd burn to heat your house (blooding, remover, eyes of the dead, maybe an few necromancy skill cards, base hannibal...) and a place like kinkos to make hi res printouts ( although just crappy pc paper prints are legal) .

Get them printed. As juggernaut says, unless your awesome withcscissors, use metal utensils, such as rulers. Id say ifcyiu have access to them, use one of the cutters you may remember from school, with either a big blade on a lever or small blade on a rolling bar.

A great final touch (i learned this trying to make my own card game when i was 9or 10 years old) is to use a device commonly use for scrapbooking that can punch the corners to the same rounded corners of most ccg cards. I thnk they go for like $8 at craft stores if you dontchave a wife or relative to borrow one from.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Goudie

More
07 Oct 2013 07:01 #54860 by mirddes
Replied by mirddes on topic Re: $1 print on demand
do the round corners matter?, can i just fold them?

More
08 Oct 2013 07:37 #54921 by Juggernaut1981
Mir,
If you can't round the corners, then just put them in colour or art-backed sleeves and forget we ever mentioned the corner-rounding cutters.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds