file Designers' Diary entry for May 2014

13 May 2014 16:09 - 13 May 2014 16:09 #62317 by Damnans
vekn.net/designers-diary/268-designers-diary-entry-for-may

Hey, everyone!

We're just about to start Round Three of playtest. Right now we're doing the final sign-off on the cards and then the pdf files will be sent to the playtesters.

The still-as-yet-unnamed set is still slated to have 70 cards (45 crypt, 25 library) and we're well ahead of an Q3/EC release date.

Artwork is progressing apace, with 53 cards sent to artists for artwork. We currently have 31 completed pieces and 7 concept sketches submitted. We're also very excited to have added several new artists, including Laia López and Alejandro F. Giraldo.

Over the coming weeks and months, we'll talk more about what concepts to expect from the new set, as well as more art previews. Speaking of which, here are a couple of previews from Laia López and Alejandro F. Giraldo:

- Ben Peal and the V:EKN Design Team

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 13 May 2014 16:09 by Damnans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2014 19:14 #62417 by ReverendRevolver
No name yet, but are there ideas for an expansion symbol?

I dug the DM one, and im more concerned about symbol than name, currently. The symbol will be starring at me. Name will not. "Those other assholes" or "the unalined" or even"naked gangrel, sneaky gypsies, vile snakes, invisible hitmen, and thier necropheliac buddies" would be fine(last ones a ling ass abbreviation though) but i waz just curious. Also excited. Dig the art. Will these artists be selling prints @ origins?(would be neat)

More
15 May 2014 19:29 - 15 May 2014 19:39 #62420 by Damnans

Not yet, because expansion symbols are usually related to the name of the set, and this might be the case here as well.

Also excited. Dig the art. Will these artists be selling prints @ origins?(would be neat)

The two artists previewed in this month's diary entry won't be at Origins. However, I do not know about Mark Kelly (the artist previewed in March).

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 15 May 2014 19:39 by Damnans.

More
15 May 2014 19:37 #62421 by BenPeal

This morning I was considering the name "Dark Thrones", until the "Transylvanian Hunger" and "A Blaze in the Northern Sky" jokes popped into my head.

Oh, and the qualifier tshirts for it would just have a picture of a big chair.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, ReverendRevolver

More
16 May 2014 04:05 #62431 by ReverendRevolver
Would that mean i could play Thrones Crumble in a manner similar to City in a bottle from MtG?

More
16 May 2014 05:07 #62433 by Lemminkäinen

This morning I was considering the name "Dark Thrones", until the "Transylvanian Hunger" and "A Blaze in the Northern Sky" jokes popped into my head.

The Dark Thrones, a band doing Darkthrone covers in indie pop style?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds