file Something to hand out at a Demo Event

30 Dec 2015 17:35 - 30 Dec 2015 17:38 #74839 by brettscho
Hello all - I'm going to be running a demo event at a local gaming convention in February and I wanted to have something to hand out to people to let them know about the local VTES playgroups and provide them with the URLs to some sites that will help them figure out how to get started with the game. I'd like to just give them the VEKN site's address, but with the website the way it is, I feel like I should also provide them with my blog's address (for the beginner's section). Anyway, I've made two business card designs that I'm considering and I'd love to get some feedback and suggestions on them!

(By the way, I'm not sure who did this VEKN tri-snake design, but it's the only tri-snake design that I could find that is high res - if somebody knows of another one, I'd love to just use one without the VEKN letters. Also - if you created this picture, please feel free to tell me not to use it!)

So which do you like best? Got any suggestions for changing either design?

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2015 17:38 by brettscho.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2016 06:38 - 01 Jan 2016 06:39 #74849 by Ke.
This is what we use:

Can provide the PSD if you like...
Last edit: 01 Jan 2016 06:39 by Ke..
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
01 Jan 2016 17:23 - 01 Jan 2016 19:00 #74851 by brettscho
Wow, Ke, those look awesome! I might well try to steal that cardback from you! Here's a look at my current two designs. A player reminded me about tinyurl, and so now I can actually include links to our current playgroup discussion forums. The only real question for me is whether the white on marble card is actually legible. It looks good on the computer screen, but who knows what it will actually look like. I might play it safe and just get the second one. Anybody have any opinions?

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
Last edit: 01 Jan 2016 19:00 by brettscho.

More
01 Jan 2016 18:38 - 01 Jan 2016 18:38 #74852 by Hakuron
Maybe try using only two different fonts per card. The cards' look is neat, but somehow distracting.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
Last edit: 01 Jan 2016 18:38 by Hakuron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
01 Jan 2016 19:04 #74853 by brettscho
I agree that it's busy - I'm trying to fit so much information on there! Maybe too much.... But I was trying to go with 3 fonts - one for the title (I picked the one that most reminded me of VtM), one for all the normal text, and a third for the URLs. But it turns out that the version I had originally posted above had 4 fonts! I've fixed that and re-uploaded some images. Hopefully they look a bit better now. Still busy, but hopefully a little less distracting. You'll have to tell me if it needs one fewer font (Change the URL or title font to the normal text font?). Thanks!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
02 Jan 2016 11:11 #74861 by Hakuron
Better now, I would say. :) You could try out giving the headline the fonts of the URL, especially in the black and white version with the tri-snake logo on it (for a clearer text-picture structure).

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds