file Important poll about the future of the game.

26 Feb 2016 10:31 #75544 by TwoRazorReign

I have zero interest in "enlivening" the game.

This was rather unfortunately worded statement. Expect backlash when posting stuff like this. You could also have presented your point without above statement. It is rather unrelated to anything.

Would you get a life please? It's a game about vampires. I don't take it so seriously. In addition, the statement was important to my response because the poster I was replying to made the assumption that I was providing my thoughts on a two player format because I wanted to "enliven" the game (his/her word). As I said, I have zero interest in enlivening the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2016 18:15 #75547 by Bloodartist

Would you get a life please? It's a game about vampires. I don't take it so seriously. In addition, the statement was important to my response because the poster I was replying to made the assumption that I was providing my thoughts on a two player format because I wanted to "enliven" the game (his/her word). As I said, I have zero interest in enlivening the game.

Nothing to do about games or vampires, its just a stupid statement by every measure. If you have zero interest in enlivening the game, then by extension you have zero interest in playing the game. One wonders why you are posting in this thread.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
26 Feb 2016 18:41 #75549 by self biased
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis, brettscho, mjvtes521

More
26 Feb 2016 20:33 #75550 by TwoRazorReign

More
27 Feb 2016 00:15 - 27 Feb 2016 00:22 #75553 by Ke.
V:TES in a two player format is a horribly vicious format (fun in short bursts).

At the Danish Nationals one year there was a two player side format played by players. It was awesomely horrible with the most vicious decks on display:
  • Weenie sup celerity — with rush + gun + crazy combat cycling + psyches
  • Tupdogs — filthier combat focused version
  • Low cap Shattering Crescendo — 5+ pentexes, 15+ brainwashes
  • And many more...

Games were over in about 10 - 15 minutes and whilst it was fun, evolution peaked very quickly and the format went stale just as quick...

I think the pacing of the current game adds to the intensity. Like a good film with ebbs and flows compared to the non-stop action non-sense of Michael bay. The slower parts only add weight to turns later in the game. That inconsequential pool from the edge on turn 3, could make the difference between a win and a loss an hour and a half later — try to jump start the game and you loose that intensity.
Last edit: 27 Feb 2016 00:22 by Ke.. Reason: Spelling / Typos

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds