file VTES moving forward + Online League Start 7th January

05 Jan 2019 11:59 #92648 by Bloodartist

Hmmm, indeed.
Sweep the first game and your set! :D

Yes. Using this logic is how I got into the lackey final last time. Minimum games possible (6) with maximum VP (Three game wins + 0,5vp). Playing more than the minimum games required would've been harmful to my chances. Its just math.

The system works, and we can use it; I'm just saying that it's probably not optimal if it discourages you to play more games than the absolute minimum required. I admit I don't have a better one in mind.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2019 12:30 #92649 by beslin igor
I do not understand if you're trying to laugh at the competition system?
if we look at the world's biggest competition Europe Championship,champion become player who in 4 games have 1 GW,so i no understand problem here?
we will see how it works,if we think to need to change number rounds we will change

More
07 Jan 2019 08:39 - 07 Jan 2019 08:43 #92676 by Lönkka

so i no understand problem here?

Really?
REALLY?

Like Blood Artist so kindly explained the fault of the system is that it doesn't encourage players to play anything more than minimum. At least providing they've been successful. Why chance it and worsen your average?

In his case with three wins and a timeout, it is a no brainer to stop playing.

I have no ideas how to rectify this, but to me this is a loophole in the system.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 07 Jan 2019 08:43 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Jan 2019 11:13 - 07 Jan 2019 11:17 #92679 by beslin igor

so i no understand problem here?

Really?
REALLY?

Like Blood Artist so kindly explained the fault of the system is that it doesn't encourage players to play anything more than minimum. At least providing they've been successful. Why chance it and worsen your average?

In his case with three wins and a timeout, it is a no brainer to stop playing.

I have no ideas how to rectify this, but to me this is a loophole in the system.

That's why we play the league and not the tournament. We do not force anyone to play every round. and for some it is impossible to play every round. somebody can not play Sunday and somebody can not play on Mondays. if someone starts badly with 2 defeats, to correct the result, he should play all 4 rounds.
Somewhere I read some league rules where is counted only won game not loses game,so I can ask what we get in final then? 5 bad player?
We want to get decent chance for people who dont have much time for play.
And for now we have only program to calculate results on this way.
If we look on online world championship in europe league best results have Martin who play 11 of 14 games,so he dont stop to play after minimum 6 games.
Last edit: 07 Jan 2019 11:17 by beslin igor.

More
07 Jan 2019 14:59 #92689 by LivesByProxy
What if players got .25 points just for attending?

It's an added incentive to keep playing, but it's not so huge that missing a game or two will dramatically change your rating.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
09 Jan 2019 13:00 #92720 by beslin igor

What if players got .25 points just for attending?

It's an added incentive to keep playing, but it's not so huge that missing a game or two will dramatically change your rating.

You probably think to add for every game in RPs +0.25 points. maybe idea not bad. we will see for next league,now we dont change rules. as i know next monday american league need to start and they also will use average sistem

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds