file The Gangrel Preconstructed Deck

23 Sep 2021 15:11 #103289 by Whisker
So we have 25 card reaction module in 76 card deck, plus 2xform of bat and 2x raven spy. That is every third card given you either and intercept or wake / unlock effects. A very wallish deck.

On first glance our damage output is bit low with only single Jack and two Constants. When you take into account, that here we have smallest average crypt of all the new starters, with two permanent stealth locations thrown in, you can see that this deck can very easily deliver constant stream of small bleeds while still being able to defend it's permanents. Playing this I would ignore the rush part and use the deep songs as computer hacks.

Only the combat package leaves me with some doubts. I need to play it, to see how it rolls, but would most likely replace it with something permanent like sniper rifles with some claws thrown in case we meet grablers.

Another interesting feature is that in g 5-6 we now have 9 vampires pro and capacity 4 or below. I'm sure someone will come up with something nasty with that.

As collector I'm annoyed that there is only 1 of many of the vampires, but that is just how it is.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Trochomancy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2021 17:59 #103291 by ReverendRevolver
@ Whisker,

The low average capacity and such make me wonder about the combat package with which to utilize that reaction module as well. 

I would have LOVED new art Revel. Ritual Challenge would also be interesting,  I'd want to try running this a few games (like 2) before assuming my suspicions correct about it playing like Akunanse, but most vamps will be playing a +1 strength anyway and you seem to want presses here. 
form 'o bat stops you from using equipment,  so I'd rather see these 3-4 caps punching for 2 to 4 with a manuever. 

There are several more focused toolbox directions it could go, which is good for a precon. 

And thank you BC for adding those missing crypt cards.

More
23 Sep 2021 22:03 #103294 by Hobbesgoblin

As collector I'm annoyed that there is only 1 of many of the vampires, but that is just how it is.

Since thing dioesnt need ayounger gangrel, this is very typical for thing based decks.

More
24 Sep 2021 10:09 #103299 by Lönkka
I'm slightly confused.
If you are collector (as opposed to player) why would you need more than one copy of everything?

(FWIIW I'm both collector and player)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
24 Sep 2021 10:36 #103302 by Whisker
Bad choice of words I guess. I'm player first, collector second but as deck builder I hate needing to move cards between my many decks. To get enough of all those new vampires I would need to buy from five to ten of each of those starters and that's bit too pricey for my taste.

More
24 Sep 2021 13:24 #103303 by tksolway
I have to agree, have six vamps with two copies of each is kinda perfect, as you only need to buy two-3 copies of each deck.

BC has done a great job of having a decent number of new library cards per starter, so for older players that only need the new stuff the 1x vamps hurt quite a bit.  I ordered three of each, but in a perfect world I would have wanted 4-6 of each vampire.  So it's likely off to the secondary market for a few of them, hopefully they aren't $5 each like the last 5th edition starters. 

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds