file Vampire: Elder Kindred Network Newsletter February 2023

17 Mar 2023 10:23 #107648 by Ankha

* Granted, it is certainly not only the player whose turn it is that is using playtime during their turn. Depending on game situation other player(s) can use _considerable_ amounts of time during someone else's turn, say, when blocking, or worse yet, when merely contemplating/ discussing whether to block or not, or during political actions, or having grand conversations how the game should go/ be played/ table should be split etc (looking at you "french" playstyle... :D ;) )

You're supposed to deduct the time you spend on someone else's turn from your own time.

Not very feasible. How do you measure the time each player puts into, say, a debate about a political action. Or a tabledeal?

With Time Tracker, I guess you could try to press relevant players as they take their turn in discussing, however situations rarely are all that straightforward and some sometimes change in who is speaking is extremely rapid. Not all that easy and convenient.

It's not very convenient indeed, but feasible. I experimented it yesterday.

If the acting Methuselah is having a lengthy discussion with another player, only the acting Methuselah should be credited.
Otherwise, two players discussing about something shouldn't prevent the acting Meth from going on, unless he wants to join the conversation. In any case, it's his time he chooses to spend.

And if someone really wants to say something and politely you decide to listen to him, you can always say: "ok, i will listen to your arguments, but I will deduct it from your time."

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2023 13:48 #107656 by Lönkka

And if someone really wants to say something and politely you decide to listen to him, you can always say: "ok, i will listen to your arguments, but I will deduct it from your time."

Ooooo, scary! :P

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
17 Mar 2023 17:14 #107659 by kschaefer
Timers favor decks that have larger payloads and more direct lines of attack. Those decks are more efficient with their actions in terms of ousting.

Combat takes time. Lots of minions or lots of actions takes time. That's true even if you efficient with declaring actions and moving through combat steps.

Last thing we need is more encouragement to play big bleed at stealth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
17 Mar 2023 20:35 #107660 by Damnans

Timers favor decks that have larger payloads and more direct lines of attack. Those decks are more efficient with their actions in terms of ousting.

Combat takes time. Lots of minions or lots of actions takes time. That's true even if you efficient with declaring actions and moving through combat steps.

Paradoxically, when I used the time tracker for the first time, the bleed and stealth deck in the game ran out of time before anybody else.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
17 Mar 2023 22:04 #107661 by Ankha

Have you tried it guys? The two games I played (a small sample indeed) didn't show this.
In the first game, I was playing a multi-action bleed stealth and spent more time than the other players (mainly because of the multi-action part, but also because I had to think a lot about the correct course of action)
On the other game, I was playing multi-rush Enkidu. I was ousted in 1h15, but I was the player with the less time spent.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds