file North West Qualifier 2014

22 Apr 2014 18:09 - 22 Apr 2014 18:13 #61399 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
Grayson will be posting a summary and the winning deck list in the results forum later, but here's a synopsis from my viewpoint.

3 tables with lots of fun people, 14 people I think. Totally enjoyable, very nice people.

Overall meta: Very heavily focused on DOM bleed/bounce with scattered DEM bleed (in part because that's what Qualifiers tend to bring out, in part because DOM and wake/intercept appear typical for the PCN meta).

Of course, the pair of us from Denver chose to play non-DOM, non-AUS decks, making us the only people in the tournament without bounce :S

Finals were:

John (#5 seed, Seattle) playing "Yes" - midcap AUS Target Vitals.
Steven (#1 seed, Seattle) playing Stani - prototypical DOM/PRO
Darby (#4 seed, Denver) playing "Workhorse with No Name" - Unnamed multiaction bleedbox.
Brian (#1 seed, Seattle) playing large cap AUS/CEL guns w/ Villein
Kelly (#3 seed, Denver) playing "Kelly Highway" - large cap vote-n-bloat

It went down as the seating pretty much dictated (Brian wins, 3 VP).

More involved summary:

I get close to ousting Brian 3 straight turns but I can't draw the Enkil Cog (note to self, buy a second copy).

Steven's DOM ousts me before I can finish Brian despite "Yes" stopping every [DOM] GtA attempt. Brian is far more willing to block Stani than he was to block the Unnamed, so Steven shuts down.

Meanwhile, the dual AUS decks completely stuff Kelly, who takes ZERO successful actions other than hunt/rescue.

In the end, the intercept decks are heads-up and permanent combat wins out over transient combat. Congrats Brian - very well played.
Last edit: 22 Apr 2014 18:13 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2014 18:09 - 22 Apr 2014 18:13 #61400 by Dorrinal
14 players; Brian Moritz won with Toreador Prince Gun Wall. Much fun was had by everybody who was not contesting Lodin (Olaf Holte).

Edit: finals were winnable by Darby if he drew Enkil Cog, and me if I played perfectly. Neither of those things happened. Poor Kelly.

:trem:
Last edit: 22 Apr 2014 18:13 by Dorrinal.

More
22 Apr 2014 22:15 - 22 Apr 2014 22:21 #61406 by gman
Replied by gman on topic Re: North West Qualifier 2014
Thanks for providing the event details guys. I've posted Brian's deck in the event report forum.

www.vekn.net/forum/9-event-reports-and-twd/61405-twd-nw-qualifier-tacoma-wa-april-19-2014#61405

-Grayson
Last edit: 22 Apr 2014 22:21 by gman.

More
23 Apr 2014 08:25 #61417 by Pascal Bertrand

Thanks for providing the event details guys. I've posted Brian's deck in the event report forum.

www.vekn.net/forum/9-event-reports-and-twd/61405-twd-nw-qualifier-tacoma-wa-april-19-2014#61405

-Grayson

Can you also please upload the Archon?

Thanks!

More
23 Apr 2014 15:05 #61432 by gman
Replied by gman on topic Re: North West Qualifier 2014
The archon has been uploaded.

-Grayson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand, BenPeal

More
23 Apr 2014 15:32 #61434 by BenPeal
And it's approved!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds