file OCTGN3 - New way to play vtes online

02 Jul 2012 08:04 #32664 by Enigma
First of all, a very very good job.. credits are given when credits are due..
And from me and my friends, we thank you for the effort..

I take it that you are still working on this or is it a finished product ?

We have run across some small problems while trying it out that might be easy to sort out or if you can give us some feedback what we are doing wrong so we can fix it.

We have run across the fact that some cards drawn are blank, and it seems like this occurs more if a player has disconnected and thus been locked out of the game..

At one point when creating a vampire you go through the deck to find a master discpline card, putting it into play.. then shuffle the deck and it got stuck in "Waiting for the deck to be shuffled." Though this was in a game where a player had priorly been disconnected.

Beyond that everything has been awesome.. and the fact that you can work on the decks and play LAN offline.. we love you for that, really!

There is only one little detail that I will complain about that I hope will be easy to fix.. the color of the crypt cards are green.. ? *grins*

Anyway, keep up the good work..
Oh, right.. how do you get the turns to work and set who hunts who, etc ?
Havent figured that out, so we just do it all manually which works just fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2012 11:09 - 05 Feb 2013 04:12 #32672 by Sydnelson
Yes I can give support of OCTGN and I can try correct the problems you said, the problem is I don't understand nothing of programing code, xml, pynthon and things like that, I create both Lackey an OCTGN plugins only coping and pasting data from other games and asking on support forum.

The best way to give OCTGN support is on their support forum.

octgn.gamersjudgement.com/index.php

Months ago, I create this topic asking for some features:

octgn.gamersjudgement.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=298

About secondary card back to crypt cards I try several times add this but the program always return a error, asking on forum some users said that program dont support it but Magic players create a complex script that do that and I can try use it, I try but doesnt work. Since I release OCTGN to public I no longer see the programs updates and new features, maybe this feature is avaiable now. I will see.

Other funny thing is that I never play on OCTGN, everytime I try it I never found players and when I found players I don't have time. If I have time and if I will play several matchs on OCTGN of course, this way I can see and correct some bugs and maybe think in new features. But the problem now is time. Last time I play Lackey is 5 months ago and last time I play a real game is 3 months ago unfurtunally.

If you can make a better feedback with what cards are blank or bugged it helps alot. I test it now and seens to working fine for me.

Regards

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson

LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 05 Feb 2013 04:12 by Sydnelson.

More
23 Jul 2012 14:09 #33679 by sleeven
Holy crap this software is great. Kudos for setting up the V:TES extension. I'm loving it. You definitely need to coordinate your own group for online play (at the moment), but it's certainly worth the effort.

More
25 Oct 2012 00:46 #39746 by RKerins
I don't know if i'm too late or not, but does anyone still play V:TES on OCTGN?

More
25 Oct 2012 00:55 #39747 by Sydnelson

I don't know if i'm too late or not, but does anyone still play V:TES on OCTGN?

Is hard to find players on OCTGN to play, most of then schendule games on msn or skype and play directly without use the program chat.

LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro

More
25 Oct 2012 08:14 #39752 by Baaliprimogen
Installed.
Username: Baaliprimogen-vtes
time: UTC+1

Very keen on playing.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds