file European Vacation

04 Mar 2013 05:10 #45644 by brandonsantacruz
Thank you for the good tips so far guys. It looks like it is significantly cheaper to fly into and out of London, so we will probably do that and then take the train to the mainland. It looks like the trip will be August 24 through September 7 or 8. We might do 2 days in London (at the beginning of the trip or the end, not sure), 4 in France, then have another 6 or so days to split between other countries. I'll try to make plans when we get a better idea of when we will be where.

By the way, does Yelp do a good job of covering Europe? If not, is there something similar that caters to english speakers?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2013 05:14 #45645 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: European Vacation
trust me, 4 days for Paris is nothing.

i was in Paris for 10 full days, and STILL i did not see all what i wanted to see, nor do i consider i properly enjoyed and given enough time to what i did see and where i did go.

if you would take my advice, sit all the time in Paris, and enjoy your experience :-)

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
23 Jul 2013 23:36 #52117 by brandonsantacruz
Here is my itinerary:
8/23 leave from SFO for Belgium.
8/24-5 Brussels
8/26-7 Brugges
8/28-30 Amsterdam
8/31-9/6 Paris (and maybe a couple of roads rips)

Looking forward to VTES Tuesday, 9/3 and a few beers with friends (or wine with a good recommendation). Please give me some details on this.

Thanks,

Brandon

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
24 Jul 2013 03:25 - 24 Jul 2013 03:26 #52122 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: European Vacation

8/31-9/6 Paris (and maybe a couple of roads rips)

Looking forward to VTES Tuesday, 9/3 and a few beers with friends (or wine with a good recommendation). Please give me some details on this.

We gather every Tuesday to play V:TES in a place where they sell very good beers. Isn't that a coincidence?

Starting from 7 P.M. (approximatively, may be a little later depending on the time everyone leaves work) in a place near Odéon (which is quite central).

Caves Alliées

44 Rue Grégoire de Tours
75006 Paris
Métro Odéon ou Mabillon

lescavesalliees.fr/

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 24 Jul 2013 03:26 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

More
26 Jul 2013 11:45 #52290 by D-dennis
Replied by D-dennis on topic Re: European Vacation

Here is my itinerary:
8/23 leave from SFO for Belgium.
8/24-5 Brussels
8/26-7 Brugges

I will post on www.vtes.be that we could play vtes on saturday the 24th (evening) or sunday the 25th (afternoon).
Where are you staying in Brussels?
We play in the Outpost Gamestore ( Rue de la Tribune 8, 1000 Bruxelles )
Do you travel around by car or by train?
If you feel that after one day of Bruges, you've seen it, don't hesitate visiting Ghent (it's only 20 minutes by train, halfway between Brussels and Bruges).

See you next month!
Dennis

More
07 May 2019 13:15 - 07 May 2019 13:15 #94814 by bestie
Replied by bestie on topic European Vacation
hey there, any recommendations as to what to see in eastern Europe? we're thinking of going to Czech Republish, Hungary, Poland and Ukraine and probably visit Russia (would love to see the white nights in Saints Petersburg). so I checked booking.com for hotels -- The Bonerowski Palace , Premier Hotel Dnister and Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague look pretty decent. If anyone booked a room in one of those, let me know how was your stay.
Also, if you've got any recommendations as to what to see in Prague, Budapest, Krakow, Lviv
Last edit: 07 May 2019 13:15 by bestie.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds