file New Vampire card game from Paradox!

30 Jul 2019 19:13 #96030 by Charles_Bronson
No directly related to VTES, so i'm posting this here. What you guys think? Will this be a card game with random boosters? A standalone game? Or fixed product with expansions, like LCG from FFG? Will it be similar to VTES in any way? Are you guys excited?

The only thing I know its 3-5 players.

Take a look at our brand new Vampire: The Masquerade - Vendetta Gen Con teaser trailer! An early prototype of the game, designed by Charlie Cleveland and Bruno Faidutti, will be showcased at the Paradox Interactive booth (349)! #HorribleGames #GenCon #WeLoveTeasers

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2019 20:18 #96031 by Palamedes
Not excited... According to current information my guess is that this will be standalone (probably with expansion) deckbuilding card/board game similar to Star Realms or Clank!

The game will probably be good enough to try, but we already have a similar "fight for influence and power" card/board game - Vampire: Prince of the City, which is a good game. Too bad it's from the Requiem period.

This will be good for kids who don't want to bother with complicated rules, but bad for possible new VTES players.

More
31 Jul 2019 07:14 #96041 by Tadori
Looking at Vendetta it's more of a deck building board game not a CCG/LCG

If Paradox will ever make a card game. What is a guarantee that Black Chantry will not lose a license because they will be a direct competitor. So I will more worried than excited when the time will come.

More
31 Jul 2019 08:08 #96043 by Ashur
Information from the publisher Horrible Games:
"In Vampire: The Masquerade - Vendetta, you will have to scheme and fight for influence and power as immortal vampires! Play cards and blood to earn the control of influential allies, both human and Kindred; your goal is to gain the most influence over three rounds and ultimately overthrow the prince of Chicago. You will choose a clan and draft your cards at the beginning of the game, then you will gradually draw more cards from your deck at the beginning of each round, replacing some of the cards in your hand and changing your possible strategies."

So this game is very different from VTES.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
31 Jul 2019 10:04 #96045 by Palamedes
This is text with more details. I will bold the important words:

A game of area control, bluff, and treachery by Charlie Cleveland (Natural Selection, Subnautica) and Bruno Faidutti (Citadels, Warrior Knights), set in the renowned Vampire: The Masquerade universe by White Wolf Entertainment!
Scheme and fight for influence and power as immortal vampires! Play cards and blood to earn the control of influential allies, both human and Kindred; your goal is to gain the most influence over three rounds and ultimately overthrow the prince of Chicago. You will choose a clan and draft your cards at the beginning of the game, then you will gradually draw more cards from your deck at the beginning of each round, replacing cards in your hand and changing your possible strategies.
While playing, you will get to know the powers and abilities of your opponents, but they’ll do the same with you… and you can never know which new tricks they may have added to their arsenal since your last encounter!

So, this is area control deckbuilding boadgame with three "ages" where you draft cards and put them into your deck for later use. The goal is to collect most influence at the end of the last age.

Sounds very similar to D&D: Tyrants of the Underdark.
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/189932/tyrants-underdark
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

More
03 Aug 2019 08:30 #96102 by Tadori
I heard that Paradox preview "Vampire: The Masquerade Expandable Card Game" is that true anyone can say what it its.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds