file National Championships, organization, publicizing, etc.

29 Nov 2011 16:22 #16461 by Robba Yaga

It really it too bad that such a great city like New Orleans isn't palatable for the majority of American VTES players.

Timing was more important than anything else.
No one from Georgia attended. The Tatus had house moving requirements, I had a trade show that I had to attend for work. That's only 3 players, but I suspect that similar things could be said for lots of groups with an event that soon after a 3 day weekend.

The Grand Masq in September is always terrible timing for anyone that teaches or is a student and a fair number of V:TES players are teachers or students of one brand or another. This was a common problem with the NAC in the past. I realize not every major event can happen in the summer months, but immediately after school starts in the fall and during traditional holiday weekends that many spend with families are not good choices. I'll be curious to see how Origin attendence in general and the NAC in particular is affected by the calendar move.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2011 20:31 #16490 by KevinM

So...US Nationals

Can we engrave this in stone for Dragon Con now please? I have to plan my vacations months in advance, so the sooner the better.

Ben Peal stated somewhere (that I cannot now find) that he approved DragonCon for the US Nats, so I would imagine that it is now up to {some Atlanta player(s)} to state to the community that they are willing to set up the infrastructure for such an event.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loughman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds