file Talking before finals?

24 Sep 2014 10:40 - 24 Sep 2014 10:41 #65725 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Talking before finals?

Just to re-focus:
The question is, if talking is allowed (or not) "during the seating choice".

And like me and Drizmo are trying to say, this is redundant since people can circumvent this by doing the bad stuff elsewhere.

I think both you and Drizmo misunderstands me. The issue is not what people do prior to the seating, it is what they do DURING the seating. And I haven´t even called it "bad stuff". It might as well be "good stuff", right?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 24 Sep 2014 10:41 by Ashur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2014 11:00 #65727 by Drizmo
Replied by Drizmo on topic Re: Talking before finals?
I understand you, I just think it's hard to implement. Because if people can't talk during seating phase, they will do before.

We just have different point of view. You see a problem where I don't. Nothing bad with that. I just wanted to show my point.

Said that, I'm out from this thread, let the organization do whatever they think its better. Have fun and enjoy playing Vtes.

More
24 Sep 2014 11:48 #65728 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Talking before finals?

I understand you, I just think it's hard to implement. Because if people can't talk during seating phase, they will do before.

No, because I think we are talking about different kinds of talking.

The talking usually going on PRIOR to the seating ceremony is for example "What deck is person X playing?" or "You understand person X plays very aggressive?" or "You really should place yourself between X and Y". (All this might also result collusion, I guess)

The talking DURING the seating ceremony is all this, PLUS possibly also real deal-making, as well as all other kinds of weird manipulating, influencing, stressing, jedi mind tricks, stand up comedy, etc. Usually also combined with comments from stupid spectators who can´t keep their mouths shut.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
24 Sep 2014 12:29 #65731 by TapeTaChatte
All the things you cite doing during seating, except for deal making which I think is prohibited out of game even during seating in fact (not really sure... well I would feel akward to do deals during seating, at least), I did also before seating in various finals, and I also do them all day long between rounds and during rounds just to prepare the finals, so I don't really see what your point is.

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
24 Sep 2014 14:51 #65735 by Erol
Replied by Erol on topic Re: Talking before finals?
I think its part of the show for the spectators. I always try to have fun, even in the EC finals and I always try to put up a good show and that starts at the seating dance. So I would rather have it as it is and not make it more serious. Its part of the leraning curve, to smell the BS at every step of the game.

:laso: :camarilla: :POT: :DOM: :DEM: :PRE: :cap8: - Prince of Karlsruhe, Germany
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur

More
25 Sep 2014 07:46 #65765 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Talking before finals?

No, because I think we are talking about different kinds of talking.

Nope.
I'm saying that there is no point in prohibiting talking during seating as basically deals and stuff could and can be done beforehand. Just like Orian just said.

Only doofuses like me would need to talk DURING seating. Forbidding this will only serve give advantage to way more capable, and cunning, players (say, Orian and Erol who just wrote in this thread).

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erol

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds