file What is a Continental Championship Qualifier?

06 Oct 2016 15:59 - 06 Oct 2016 16:00 #78596 by MarcusVitel

[t means that the NCs handle the organization within the established tournament rules.Rules and organization are two distinct domains.

Not your department? No problem. Still no firm regulation and as of right now the NC could any number of qualifiers.

Follow-up question: How would I put forward a notion to change how qualifiers are handled and organized? Who would be the right VEKN official to talk to?
Last edit: 06 Oct 2016 16:00 by MarcusVitel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2016 18:51 - 06 Oct 2016 20:11 #78598 by Ankha

[t means that the NCs handle the organization within the established tournament rules.Rules and organization are two distinct domains.

Not your department? No problem. Still no firm regulation and as of right now the NC could any number of qualifiers.

Follow-up question: How would I put forward a notion to change how qualifiers are handled and organized? Who would be the right VEKN official to talk to?

This forum is the right media. Many NCs will gather during the next EC, so if any suggestions are posted here, they will be able to discuss about them.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 06 Oct 2016 20:11 by Ankha.

More
06 Oct 2016 20:59 - 08 Oct 2016 18:23 #78600 by Lönkka

Like Anhka said previously, the number of qualifiers has been limited to 1 (or two for geographic reasons) per country. This has worked really well for as long as VEKN has been going around so I am astonished by your enthusiasm to change this tradition!

In similar vein, there is only one National Championships per country per year.

It would be helpful if you do have examples where the current system has not worked well. This can be augmented by sharing us insight how the unlimitless Qualifiers work better.

Presently, if this matter is brought up at the EC's NC meeting, I see little reason (EDIT: not] to be a Traditionalist, vote against it and say that we move on to the next matter so we can get the bloody meeting done with and get on to actual things that matter (=boozing, comradeship and playing some fun casual games of VTES. And probably some other games too). Them bloody meetings always tend to drag on and on and on. Zzzzzzz...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 08 Oct 2016 18:23 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Oct 2016 15:48 #78606 by MarcusVitel

[I am astonished by your enthusiasm to change this tradition!

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to change anything. I am trying to make the point that certain things in this organization are more guidelines, informal consensus and urban mythology than actual formalized standards and the qualifier my example.

If we have topic A in the rules and we make see an official announcement that now X is happening at A, while we don't even have a definition of A in the rules I think that needs to be formalized.

Well, I think I am done here. If the NCs feel the need to discuss a subject as unimportant as this during their meeting I would be surprised. Thanks!!

More
08 Oct 2016 18:25 #78617 by Lönkka
Representing only myself here.
This is not Official Thoughts of Each And Every NC (TM) on the matter.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
09 Oct 2016 12:44 #78629 by self biased
yeah, i'm confused as to why the sudden and intense interest at a perceived gap in the rules and stuff that doesn't appear to come up that often.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds