file Date format in Archon 1.5e

08 Oct 2016 06:29 #78608 by Ashur
How should the date be written in Archon 1.5e? The instruction say "DD-MON-YY", but when i write "08-10-16" or "08-OCT-16", it corrects me to "16- okt 08", which give me the funny due date 24- okt 08. If I write anything else I get error.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2016 08:20 #78611 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Date format in Archon 1.5e

How should the date be written in Archon 1.5e? The instruction say "DD-MON-YY", but when i write "08-10-16" or "08-OCT-16", it corrects me to "16- okt 08", which give me the funny due date 24- okt 08. If I write anything else I get error.

Could you please indicate if you're using Excel or LibreOffice, the language of your operating system (Windows or whatever) and the language of Excel or LibreOffice.
Also, I assume you're talking about the event data, am I correct?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
09 Oct 2016 08:21 #78619 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Date format in Archon 1.5e

Could you please indicate if you're using Excel or LibreOffice, the language of your operating system (Windows or whatever) and the language of Excel or LibreOffice.

I use Excel and WIndows 10. The language of my Excel is Swedish. Yes, it´s line 4 of the Tournament Info tab.

More
09 Oct 2016 08:54 #78622 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Date format in Archon 1.5e

I use Excel and WIndows 10. The language of my Excel is Swedish. Yes, it´s line 4 of the Tournament Info tab.

Excel uses the default format for dates based on your language. In your case, it's YYYY-MM-DD, so you should write 2016-10-08 or 16-10-08.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
09 Oct 2016 17:51 #78632 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Date format in Archon 1.5e

Excel uses the default format for dates based on your language. In your case, it's YYYY-MM-DD, so you should write 2016-10-08 or 16-10-08.

Great, thanks. Then I guess it´s a good idea removing the instruction to write it DD-MON-YY in the next version.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds