question-circle Sanctioned online tournament?

23 Aug 2018 06:55 #90199 by Lönkka
I see little reason not to have a separate ranking for online play.

Shouldn't be hard as we already have constructed and limited ratings.

Actually is there any reason why online tournament results shouldn't be grouped together with limited rankings? It is not like, for example, drafting gets much ranking play...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Aug 2018 14:05 #90201 by beslin igor

I see little reason not to have a separate ranking for online play.

Shouldn't be hard as we already have constructed and limited ratings.

Actually is there any reason why online tournament results shouldn't be grouped together with limited rankings? It is not like, for example, drafting gets much ranking play...

Maybe you idea not bad Lönkka,but as i said in previous mine answer i cannot decide about that. when i organize online tournaments i talk always first with lackey frends who play much online games at the moment when the tournament is to be organized,they frends said he interested to play and i invite others to get some decent numbers.
If the tournaments were ranked on the vekn site then the vekn should take over the organization of the tournament.
If the Vekn does not take over organizing online official tournaments, who wants to play an online tournament, they will still be able to play online friendly tournament in Martin Weinmayer and mine organization.

More
24 Aug 2018 07:10 #90207 by Lönkka
I'm confused.

VEKN doesn't actually organize any tournaments AFAIK. So why should VEKN start organizing specifically online tournaments?

Members of VEKN do organize the tournaments.
Every player participating in a VEKN tournament is VEKN member.
I'm guessing you too are a VEKN member. Martin most certainly is.

Currently the tournament announcement structure is different for online tournaments (there isn't a format for such structure AFAIK) but I don't see a problem in announcing them the same way as "normal" tabletop tournaments (in the event calendar and relevant part of this forum).

Adding online tournament option for tournament type when creating events should take care of making them "online official tournaments", right?

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
24 Aug 2018 13:35 #90209 by beslin igor

I'm confused.

VEKN doesn't actually organize any tournaments AFAIK. So why should VEKN start organizing specifically online tournaments?

Members of VEKN do organize the tournaments.
Every player participating in a VEKN tournament is VEKN member.
I'm guessing you too are a VEKN member. Martin most certainly is.

Currently the tournament announcement structure is different for online tournaments (there isn't a format for such structure AFAIK) but I don't see a problem in announcing them the same way as "normal" tabletop tournaments (in the event calendar and relevant part of this forum).

Adding online tournament option for tournament type when creating events should take care of making them "online official tournaments", right?

I am member in vekn forum,but i dont have vekn number i never played VTES tournament in real live,so i think because i dont have vekn number im not vekn.member.
As for the online tournament, if the tournaments are an official vekn should have some control due to the regularity of the competition.
example: in the tournaments I organized I did not have a judge. For the judge, I have determined the player on the board, which in my opinion has the greatest VTES experience. so 1 player play game and him is also judge,would the vekn accept this item in official tournaments. So i think main problem for that to online competion be official is that whu dont have judge. But if online competion is frendly caracter nobody take care about that,all play for fun,but i am sure all players try play best as he can to won in tournament.
Maybe member DJHedgehog have idea how we can organize VTES online official tournament and to vekn acept is as official

More
24 Aug 2018 19:14 #90214 by Lönkka
If a tournament wants to have an official VTES tournament status then it probably needs to have a similar official organizer (aka judge) as regular tournaments.

This would mean that only Princes could organize official online tournaments.

Check my previous post. I'm not able to attend this weekend's EC in Warsaw but I asked if those points could be discussed in the NC meeting there tomorrow. Hopefully that might lead into something.

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
25 Aug 2018 10:08 #90221 by beslin igor
Thanks Lönkka for that,me also not in Warsaw but i get good news from Martin about ranging online tournaments. Whu you Lönkka do not join us? you probably read before me topic in vekn where I publish results from online tournaments,and you probably read Martin report from online summer league,we also prepare WC online!!!
Also thanks guy whu open this topic DJHedgehog !!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds