file How to create a sanctioned tournament w/o Prince ID

27 May 2020 19:15 #99956 by livikota
Hi,

I'm Lívia from Brazil, Recife. I lived in another city for decades and I moved to recife since 2015. My V:EKN ID is 6161011. In Recife there are not anyone with a V:EKN register (only one player have a V:EKN ID but it has no city code). I already have organized 2 events in Maceió.
Next Saturday (05/30) we will have the 1st V:TES Tournament in Recife (lackey).
So, I went in www.vekn.net/create-an-event and I don't have an option for Sanctioned Tournament. I have spoken to NC Kleber (cod. 193) but he doesn't think necessary for me to have a Prince ID because he said "there are too few players in Recife". There are around 7 players I teached how to play here in Recife.
Thus, I would like to know if there's another way for doing a sanctioned tournament without a Prince ID.

thanks,
Lívia Manuela Oliveira da Silva.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kilrauko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2020 19:56 #99958 by kschaefer
I don't see why the NC won't make you a prince. You're already organizing and recruiting players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Charles_Bronson, ur_vampire, Kilrauko

More
27 May 2020 21:12 - 27 May 2020 21:14 #99959 by Charles_Bronson
A prince is not a title or a privilege. It's just a volunteer who organize gaming sessions and teach new players, trying to foment the local scene. He also tries to integrate the playgroups and may even organize tournaments, thought that is not in any moment required for being a prince.

That being said, I know Livia for many years, since 2002 when we started to play together. She is an experienced player and more than capable to teach, foment and organize tournaments. I don't see any logical reason to force her to organize unsanctioned tournaments before starting the sanctioned ones. It should be very discouraging and frustrating for all recife players.

I don't think putting obstacles and requirements will help the game or BCP/VEKN in any way.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Last edit: 27 May 2020 21:14 by Charles_Bronson.

More
28 May 2020 03:48 #99961 by Kilrauko

Thus, I would like to know if there's another way for doing a sanctioned tournament without a Prince ID.

Well the answer to this part is easy, www.vekn.net/tournament-rules/8-vekn-sanctioning-rules requires following the rules along with a month advance advertising as the requirements. With the times being what they are it's important to note VEKN is the sanctioning authority and decides one way or another, but that does not mean you cannot play a tournament even if it does end up not being sanctioned. The Point is the tournament experience, not the rubber stamp seal it receives, especially for "new" players. They can still receive a VEKN id just fine.

As for being denied a prince, it must be wonderful to live in such luxury that one can deny volunteers who are willing to spend their time to promote your hobby. Thankfully NC's are not the only people able to appoint volunteers to be princes, as per www.vekn.net/index.php/vampire-elder-kindred-network/what-is-a-prince . As one of the key roles of a prince is to get players interested and then involved to play VTES, I cannot understand why a city should not have a prince. Having enough players in "xyz" is not listed above in the requirements, in fact it specifically says;

4. Organise at least one tournament in a 12 month period. For these tournaments the VEKN Tournament Rules and Rating System are to be used. In some cases there might be too few players in a city to organise a tournament, the prince should then focus on demo-games. This in no way prohibits a player from becoming prince of his particular city.

If someone is willing to put the volunteer hours in, they should be granted the chance as it can always be taken away from the abusive ones, as can all the other volunteer "titles".

I'm sure there's been some misunderstanding related to the number 4 on prince suggestions by the NC and if not then I believe the inner circle will review their instructions to NC's on how and when to deny volunteer applications. Because if there's one and it's not down to misunderstanding, then there could be multiples who just have not voiced themself publicly. Cost for willful ignorance on this might be quite steep in the long run. If you do not see reply by them in this topic saying something by the time you've read this post, I recommend going to www.vekn.net/vampire-elder-kindred-network/inner-circle-list and following the role corrensponding links to contact form.

Ps. Some updating to the above prince page might be in order, I assume vtes.de has been pining for the fjords for a while now, while there might not be replacement, even nothing is better then bad links.

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.

More
28 May 2020 08:57 #99962 by Lönkka

I have spoken to NC Kleber (cod. 193) but he doesn't think necessary for me to have a Prince ID because he said "there are too few players in Recife".

I'm in the school that if someone want to run tournaments, and recruit new players, it just doesn't matter where they're from -make them Princes ASAP!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
02 Jun 2020 15:47 #99994 by Damnans

Hi,

I'm Lívia from Brazil, Recife. I lived in another city for decades and I moved to recife since 2015. My V:EKN ID is 6161011. In Recife there are not anyone with a V:EKN register (only one player have a V:EKN ID but it has no city code). I already have organized 2 events in Maceió.
Next Saturday (05/30) we will have the 1st V:TES Tournament in Recife (lackey).
So, I went in www.vekn.net/create-an-event and I don't have an option for Sanctioned Tournament. I have spoken to NC Kleber (cod. 193) but he doesn't think necessary for me to have a Prince ID because he said "there are too few players in Recife". There are around 7 players I teached how to play here in Recife.

thanks,
Lívia Manuela Oliveira da Silva.

You have been added to the Prince List with prefix 920.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, ur_vampire, Hakuron, Kilrauko

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds