file Classify Rules

18 Aug 2011 19:56 #8546 by Clément
Replied by Clément on topic Re: Classify Rules

No, No, No! This rule was create before 2011.
Kleber.

Oh yes, my mistake. I misread it as the "Qualifier organizers can play in their qualifier." Very sorry. :(

If playerX organized the Continental Championship in year Y, and playerX isn't playing in the CC in year Y+1, then X can play in the CC, sure.

I'm not a 100% sure you two are talking about the same thing here (maybe you are, I just want to clarify this).

The rule Kleber mentions is the want that rewards organizers of regional qualifiers with an automatic championship spot:

"To reward the organizers who put so much time and effort into organizing these events, the organizers for Regional continental qualifiers automatically qualify."

His question is: does this rule also benefits the organizers of continental championships. That is, if I organize the 2011 SAC, am I automatically qualified for the 2012 continental championships?

The rule quoted above clearly mentions organizers for "Regional continental qualifiers", which is different from "continental championships".

From the qualifying rules, I would say that no, continental championships organizers do not get automatic spots for the following season championships. Unless there's a tacit understanding to the contrary already in place.

Thanks for your help!

Luiz Mello
Coordenador Nacional - Brasil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2011 20:39 #8549 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Classify Rules

The rule Kleber mentions is the want that rewards organizers of regional qualifiers with an automatic championship spot:

"To reward the organizers who put so much time and effort into organizing these events, the organizers for Regional continental qualifiers automatically qualify."

His question is: does this rule also benefits the organizers of continental championships. That is, if I organize the 2011 SAC, am I automatically qualified for the 2012 continental championships?

The rule quoted above clearly mentions organizers for "Regional continental qualifiers", which is different from "continental championships".

From the qualifying rules, I would say that no, continental championships organizers do not get automatic spots for the following season championships. Unless there's a tacit understanding to the contrary already in place.

An excellent catch, Clement. Sorry I missed that (twice).

To JOHANNES WALCH or whomever:

Can we get:

changed to say:
"To reward the organizers who put so much time and effort into organizing these events, the organizers of continental qualifiers and all championship events automatically qualify."

I think the reason is self-evident. Thank you very much!

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
09 Sep 2011 13:56 #9829 by kleberjf
Replied by kleberjf on topic Re: Classify Rules
So, does it apply to this year? Tks, Kleber

More
09 Sep 2011 14:14 #9832 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Classify Rules
Nop.
Only those who organize Continental Qualifiers, not the Continental Championships themselves.
We might change the rule to include the organizers of the Continental Championships, but until then, you can only qualify by:
-Winning a reported Tournament with 10 or more players.
-Entering the Final of a National Championship.
-Qualifying in the top 25% of a Continental Qualifier. Top 50% in Oceania Qualifiers.
-Organizing (but not playing) a Continental Qualifier.

I'm in favor we change the rules to include up to three people for the hard work it takes to organize a Continental Championship.

Best regards e um forte abraço!
Tiago Brum,
Portuguese NC

More
17 Sep 2011 13:59 #10412 by kleberjf
Replied by kleberjf on topic Re: Classify Rules
Muito Obrigado Tiago:)

Kleber Souza

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds