file Parity Shift poll and discussion

Poll: Would VTES be helped or worsened by a change to the card text and/or cost of Parity Shift? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
08 Jan 2012 15:41 #20292 by brandonsantacruz
What if the existence of Parity Shift enhances the appeal of vote decks, thereby making other vote cards more playable to round out decks? Not every deck can play Parity Shift, but many could starting with Jyhad back in 1994.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2012 16:46 #20293 by bakija

What if the existence of Parity Shift enhances the appeal of vote decks, thereby making other vote cards more playable to round out decks? Not every deck can play Parity Shift, but many could starting with Jyhad back in 1994.

Maybe it does. 'Cause it is stupidly powerful. I mean, like, Return to Innocence enhanced the appeal of bleed decks, too.

If Parity Shift was Once per Game (or per Meth), people would still use it in every possible deck that could (you got some Princes? You have any reasonable chance of passing a vote? You are using Parity Shift. Even if only at Once per Game.) 'Cause it is the most powerful vote in the game. By a ridiculous margin.

Vote decks without Parity Shift are totally reasonable. They don't need any more encouragement. Well, except for the ones that can't use Parity Shift. 'Cause the ones without Parity Shift are much less good than the ones with Parity Shift.

KRC is a totally reasonable, powerful basline action--a 1 cap can make their prey lose 3 pool at +1 stealth. Con Boon is a totally reasonable, powerful baseline action. These two votes alone are solid building blocks of decks. Parity Shift on top is not enticement to use these cards. Parity Shift is an absurdly powerful bonus.

More
09 Jan 2012 05:56 #20339 by KevinM

But to imply that any discussion that is on-topic is "needless" and that posters should instead read what was written before to get themselves up-to-date is an inappropriate statement.

Yup, okay, needless was inappropriate. On the other hand making a poll right after a poll could give the impression the initiator wasn't too happy with the results of the first, you know?

Then why didn't you just ask me?

I don't think we need to go any further with this conversation in public. If you wish to talk to me about it some more, feel free to send me a PM.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
09 Jan 2012 07:55 #20354 by alek
What's the purpose of those polls? There was a huge number of those just a month ago and and there was already a question about parity shift. Majority of respondents answered that that don't want any changes in parity shift and any other card as well, so what's the point?

More
09 Jan 2012 13:09 #20366 by dude_PL

What's the purpose of those polls? There was a huge number of those just a month ago and and there was already a question about parity shift. Majority of respondents answered that that don't want any changes in parity shift and any other card as well, so what's the point?

the point is discussing it for the fun of it, and then discussing it again. as it was with the same type of discussions on the rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad for ages. personally I don't mind, I honestly enjoy reading it. if you don't feel the same way - don't read it, problem solved.

More
09 Jan 2012 13:46 #20369 by Ohlmann

the point is discussing it for the fun of it, and then discussing it again. as it was with the same type of discussions on the rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad for ages. personally I don't mind, I honestly enjoy reading it. if you don't feel the same way - don't read it, problem solved.

Continuing on the same thread would have been better in my opinion.

Usually I don't mind too much seeing a lot of discussion, but on parity shift the arguments are a bit inbreed lately.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds