file EC 2012 Budapest - FRIDAY Side Event Poll

Poll: What side event would you prefer on FRIDAY of EC 2012 Budapest? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
10 May 2012 06:21 #29884 by Izaak

The Legendary Vampire Competition is invitational and cannot be chosen if you are not invited.

Yes, I know how it works. That's pretty irrelevant for this poll, isn't it?

Anyway there is no decision yet if there will be a Legendary this year or not.

This *is* pretty relevant. Unless, of course, you intend to run TWO side-events, which I doubt. I mean, if there is an LV, there will not be another side-event. You invite 25 people to LV and everyone else plays LCQ. If there is no LV, then you play a different side event and... make people choose?

Then how will you guarantee a decent turnup for the side-event? I'm fairly sure the VAST majority of players prefers a big, prestigious, constructed tournament over a silly side-0event storyline format or a draft. That's why the LV was such a great idea - you give the best players an EVEN MORE PRESTIGIOUS tournament to play in and as a bonus you get rid of 25 qualified players in the LCQ allowing for more people to qualify. Win/win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, extrala, Stefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2012 08:22 - 10 May 2012 08:23 #29888 by alek
I second Izaak. I think LV should be organized. Players not taking part in it will probably choose to play LCQ over any other side event so IMO there is no point to organize any other side event.
Last edit: 10 May 2012 08:23 by alek.

More
10 May 2012 10:15 #29900 by Mr_Toreador
Dear Alek and others, Thanks for the comment. We are also planning some prestigious event as well but probably with a different system. For the Legendary, it is not sure to have an updated ranking by that time. There is some solution,
but we have a different idea, see below.

Our thouhts are around a constructed type event that will include 3 nominated players from each country participated in the EC.

The nomination is due to the playergroup of the given country, though we highly recommend to nominate the best players as it is planned to summerised their results. We also plan a system that guarantee, that those players from the same country will not compete against each other. So CUP OF THE NATIONS is coming :)

Any additional comment is appreciated...

Csaba

Csaba Greguss
Player Coordinator of EC_2012

More
10 May 2012 14:38 #29913 by milcsix
Hello Izaak a quick reply (besides Csaba's answer):

thank you for your comment, we appreciate the need of a prestigious constructed competition.

The Legendary Vampire needs a current ranking which is not available at the moment and not guaranteed it will be available in november.

Anyway in Warsaw a lot of invited players did not attend to the Legendary Vampire competition. :(

(Moreover I think we should provide a side event for those who dont want to play on LCQ but are not invited to Legendary.)

We gonna design the "Nations' Cup" as a prestigious constructed competition for Friday and come back soon.

Cheers: Milan

More
10 May 2012 18:17 #29941 by Squidalot
Is that because you suck at draft isaak? :P

The best players prefer draft.....(Erik T, Vtesocrates....) :D

More
10 May 2012 18:22 #29943 by Squidalot
Anyway to make my point clear i'm fed up of having *not Hugh popular* side events at a NAC/EC and not having a draft option since Atlanta 2009
The following user(s) said Thank You: milcsix

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds