compress Honest Idea for fixing overly strong master cards!

Poll: AFTER READING THE WHOLE THING: What do you think? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
09 Jul 2011 12:04 #6107 by Suoli

People need to get up from their chair, think about the current tournament environment and then make their deck to cope with GfiP, if you are afraid of that.

It has been noted several times now that to cope with the Girls is to play weenie X, Tupdog, Vignes or Wall of Doom. This, IMO, would have a negative effect on the metagame.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2011 15:17 - 09 Jul 2011 15:17 #6110 by bakija

It has been noted several times now that to cope with the Girls is to play weenie X, Tupdog, Vignes or Wall of Doom. This, IMO, would have a negative effect on the metagame.

See, but the way to cope with *most* viable, tournament contending decks is to play weenie X, Tupdog, Vignes, or Wall of Doom. As (well, at least the first 3, the last not so much) these are decks that are very good and win a lot, and are resilient, and can be relied upon in general to be successful.

So if Cybelle/Daclau is encouraging people to play, ya know, decks that are already wildly effective, does it really matter, as people are already playing decks that are wildly effective?

I'm yet in my life to see a Cybelle/Daclau deck in actual play. But I have seen plenty of weenie Dementation or weenie Dominate or weenie Presence or weenie Obfuscate or Tupdog or whatever decks in play and doing very well. So it isn't like Cybelle/Daclau is providing significantly more incentive to play decks that, ya know, are already really good at winning.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2011 15:17 by bakija.

More
09 Jul 2011 15:50 #6113 by Suoli

See, but the way to cope with *most* viable, tournament contending decks is to play weenie X, Tupdog, Vignes, or Wall of Doom. As (well, at least the first 3, the last not so much) these are decks that are very good and win a lot, and are resilient, and can be relied upon in general to be successful.

If I expect to see weenies, Tupdogs, Vignes or Wall of Doom I don't hurl my shitty trick deck at the wall and pick one of those decks to play. I just include Ossian, Aranthebes or Gran Madre di Dio or adjust card ratios. With most decks you can't viably do that against Girls.

More
09 Jul 2011 17:22 - 09 Jul 2011 17:27 #6114 by Klaital
I dunno, I would prefer to have Girls as my predator over any of those decks you just listed. Probably as my prey also in most cases, well at least with most decks I would take to tournaments in first place. There is really just two things you need to do to take it out with a fairly normal deck... which is to tap Aksinya with some way (mind numb is probably best and most easily accessible card for that), and either get rid of Anthelios in some way, or eat his ashheap. The first option is likely easier since there is lot of ways to deal with a gehenna event, though the second way is more effective since it also hoses ashur. Of course if your deck doesn't bleed, then you don't even need to worry about tapping Aksi, making it easier.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2011 17:27 by Klaital.

More
09 Jul 2011 20:16 - 09 Jul 2011 20:31 #6115 by Kushiel

You say they aren't winning disproportionately often, I say they might be.

The crucial difference is that my position is based on evidence, and yours is based on conjecture.

I don't think it's very practical to limit our analysis of the game to strictly empirical methods. We're just never going to have the level of hard data that would require. As a result, any useful insights on the game are ultimately going to be based on subjective experiences and deduction.

I agree, which is why I've arrived at the position I have. I've watched the TWDA and tournament reports, seen that there are loads of decks being played in and winning tournaments which are neither Girls nor antiGirls decks, and deduced that your fear is groundless.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2011 20:31 by Kushiel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

More
09 Jul 2011 20:35 #6116 by Suoli

I've watched the TWDA and tournament reports, saw that there are loads of decks being played in and winning tournaments which are neither Girls nor antiGirls decks, and deduced that your fear is groundless.

It's fair to say that there are decks in the TWDA that aren't Girls or antiGirls. But that's not my argument. I don't think it's fair to say with confidence that Girls hasn't and will not affect the metagame because there are decks in the TWDA that are not Girls or antiGirls.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds