file Location of the 2012 U.S. National Championship

Poll: Where would you like to see the U.S. National Championship be held in 2012? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
30 Jun 2011 22:34 - 30 Jun 2011 22:46 #5660 by MSummers
Why don't we just make everybody a champion?

There can be only one!

I vote West Coast, as I don't think flights to Vegas are any more prohibitive to anyone than me having to fly to Atlanta.

Realistically though, if Origins is getting larger numbers than the Las Vegas tournaments, shouldn't it remain in the area?
Last edit: 30 Jun 2011 22:46 by MSummers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2011 00:45 #5662 by rehlow
I voted for Las Vegase (mostly for selfish reasons that I have been able to regularly attend this event), but I think DragonCon would also be a good choice (and might be the push I need to get there for once).

How does the attendance at the Las Vegas qualifiers in Feb/March compare to the attendance of Vtes events at DragonCon?

Later,
~Rehlow

More
01 Jul 2011 00:57 #5663 by Adonai

How does the attendance at the Las Vegas qualifiers in Feb/March compare to the attendance of Vtes events at DragonCon?

For a number of years, DragonCon was 50+ players.
The last few, it has been 25 players or fewer.
Vegas is growing because of the time of year and low entry fee, DragonCon has been in decline because of the high entry fees.

More
01 Jul 2011 01:12 #5665 by KevinM

For a number of years, DragonCon was 50+ players.
The last few, it has been 25 players or fewer.
Vegas is growing because of the time of year and low entry fee, DragonCon has been in decline because of the high entry fees.

I'd like to do the US Nats at the LV event in 2012 because I know of at least 2 Australian players that are coming, which will likely bring out another decent turnout. Certainly, if someone can work out something with DragonCon so that players don't have to pay $90 (or whatever) to play in some VTES events, DragonCon looks much more attractive than it has in the past.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
01 Jul 2011 14:09 #5694 by ICL
Where do people live that consider Vegas West Coast? Vegas has a draw for people into gambling, shows, or whatever (and is relatively easy and inexpensive to get to by people on the WC), so sure, whatever.

391 miles from Mountain View to Vegas, 430 miles between Indianapolis and Atlanta. Work may consider Indiana in the Southeast region, but eh. I guess I just make more of a distinction between West and West Coast.

More
01 Jul 2011 15:15 #5695 by Squidalot
I'll try and make any event but would prefer LV/Boston as i've not been though LV probably has better timings for me.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds