file Would it hurt VTES to lose Contesting Titles??

Poll: Removing Contesting Titles (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
12 Oct 2015 06:23 #73614 by Ankha

Vampire contestation is probably one of the more important aspects of the game in my opinion. It influences players away from siting down at a table and having everyone playing Nergal decks (sorry, I just hated this time period). While I would agree that this can be somewhat troublesome for random scenario purposes, killing the rule completely doesn't sound great either. I feel this rule isn't broken as it is, but if someone were trying to somewhat rework it, I would be interested in contributing to it.

Biggest reaso for vampire contestation? Imagine a deck with a crypt made from just Arika, and they all come out

I'd rather have plenty of Montano to give stealth to each other. Of course, this would be trumped by a deck full of Maris Streck :)

But aren't we talking about titles here?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2015 09:04 #73615 by Blooded Sand

Vampire contestation is far worse. You are both playing Nakthorheb decks? Too bad for you!

Vampire contestation is awesome. You are playign anything? Look I only have Nakhtorheb.... ^ of them, and oh look, you have corruption counters, suck the bleeds, beeaitch!

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
12 Oct 2015 17:37 #73616 by Kushiel

SO, put simply...

Do you think we would lose anything of significance if we removed Title Contesting from VTES?

I think it's better to ask what would be gained by removing it. As Bonnie McFarlane says, "Change is only good when it makes things better."

More
12 Oct 2015 17:56 #73617 by thelonius reloaded
actually I really enjoy the struggle for city titles.... Just think at all the vampires fighing through ages for washington D.C. or the inner fighting between Sela and Constanza for Rome... it's also for the flavour I think

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
12 Oct 2015 22:17 - 12 Oct 2015 22:23 #73619 by Boris The Blade

I think it's better to ask what would be gained by removing it. As Bonnie McFarlane says, "Change is only good when it makes things better."

For once: not realizing after 5 turns that a city title should have been contested and that the game state is now FUBAR. It is generally very poor design to clutter the game with keywords whose only effect is to interact with less than 5 cards in the entire game, cards most likely played your opponents.

If you want to make title contest worthwhile, at least print a prince and an arcbishop of Seattle in every grouping :P
Last edit: 12 Oct 2015 22:23 by Boris The Blade.

More
13 Oct 2015 00:47 - 13 Oct 2015 00:59 #73623 by Juggernaut1981

SO, put simply...

Do you think we would lose anything of significance if we removed Title Contesting from VTES?

To be honest, other than the above comment about spamming Justicars, Regents and Liaisons there seems to be little strategic or tactical benefit to the game in having contested titles, let alone the vagaries of contested Domains.

Maybe a 'one J/IC/R/L per player' would work, but that feels quite clunky. Contesting those might be the best option... but even then, it doesn't add much strategic depth. It just throws a 'screwball negative' into the game.

Contesting Vampires is a more interesting option, but removing that adds complications of two people using exactly the same vampires or the same vampire fighting itself.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 13 Oct 2015 00:59 by Juggernaut1981.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds