file Rabbat and Mask of a 1000 faces

16 Oct 2011 08:44 #12049 by wastaz
Hello everyone,

I'm a bit unsure as to how these two cards would work together (if they do).

Rabbat, the sewer goddess (www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?crypt=798)

Independent. Red List: Rabbat may send a vampire to torpor or burn an ally as a strike. If she hunts, you may move 1 of the blood she gains to your pool. She cannot take (d) actions or block actions that aren't directed at her or at a card on her.

Mask of a thousand faces (www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?lib=183)

:obf: Only usable by a ready, untapped vampire other than the acting minion who is capable of performing the action. Not usable if any action modifiers or other effects have been used that could not have been used if this vampire were the acting vampire. Untap the acting minion and tap this vampire instead. The action continues with this vampire as the acting minion.
:OBF: As above, with +1 stealth.

If I have another minion doing a normal "bleed my prey for 1" action, and I get blocked. Can I use mask of a thousand faces to have Rabbat go into combat instead?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2011 08:48 #12050 by Pendargon
IANPB, but no. Because of this part :

Not usable if any action modifiers or other effects have been used that could not have been used if this vampire were the acting vampire.

Rabbat cannot bleed for one, therefore she cannot mask that action.

She might use Hidden Lurker instead, though :evil: B)

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
16 Oct 2011 08:55 #12055 by Pascal Bertrand
Well, the real inch is in Mask of a Thousand Faces indeed, but it's earlier in the cardtext:

Only usable by a ready, untapped vampire other than the acting minion who is capable of performing the action.

Rabbat isn't capable of performing any D-action, so she isn't capable of performing bleeds. So she can't play Mask of a Thousand Faces on a bleed action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds