question-circle Spell of Life

27 Oct 2011 19:42 #12946 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: Spell of Life

It has been said before somewhere around the web, but I think it's worth pointing out that an aabt kindred mummy created by spell of life will contest an aabt kindred vampire in play (even though the vampires would otherwise not contest)

Wrong. See the link I provided (answer 3).

But 2 mummified Aabt Kindred would contest each other.

true, I got my wires crossed, my bad. yeah I was thinking "2 aabt kindred mummies" initially and wrote the piece of crap above instead :D anyway, yeah, what I was trying to say is that aabts lose their "non-uniqueness" when they become mummies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2011 19:58 #12948 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: Spell of Life
Huh. So, if I have two Embraces in play and one is Banished and comes back as a mummy via Spell of Life, they won't contest? And if I have two Banished Enbraces in my uncontrolled region and burn my Spells of Life, I'd only be able to choose one of them?

More
27 Oct 2011 20:31 #12952 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Spell of Life

Huh. So, if I have two Embraces in play and one is Banished and comes back as a mummy via Spell of Life, they won't contest?

Right. One is non-unique, one is unique. A non-unique card won't contest.

If there two Embraces in play from Spell of Life, they'd contest each other. (Which means you can't voluntarily do it yourself. But you could if someone else did it.)

See the same situation with Aabbt Kindred. [LSJ 20070928]

And if I have two Banished Enbraces in my uncontrolled region and burn my Spells of Life, I'd only be able to choose one of them?

Right. Rulebook 4.1.

More
27 Oct 2011 20:34 #12954 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Spell of Life
Good answers from jamesatzephyr and Ankha.

More
28 Oct 2011 05:57 #12972 by medborgareF
Replied by medborgareF on topic Re: Spell of Life
thanks for all the good answers :laugh:

More
23 Dec 2017 15:00 #84652 by CelestialChoir
Replied by CelestialChoir on topic Re: Spell of Life
It seems like they are using crypt cards to proxy create unique mummy allies, and not actually mummifing a vampire. Spell of Life in canon was used by Isis to create mummies, and has no involvement with vampires. Absimiliards Army does a similar thing, but having a Dummy Corporation ally doesn't contest Dummy Corporations in play. I wouldn't think a mummy and vampire would contest, even with the same name.
I understand that is the ruling... it just makes me sad :(

Prince of Asheville
:fose: :PRE: :SER: :AUS: :cel: :life7:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds