file Nocturn - how does it work ?

23 Nov 2011 18:05 #15666 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct. [LSJ 20070710] for an example.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2011 18:44 - 23 Nov 2011 18:46 #15675 by Ohlmann
The ruling seem to imply that "increasing a cost" and "adding X to a cost" is two separate kind of effect. Is that true ?

To explain, if "increased by one" was an addition, in the link the 7th nocturn should cost ((1/2) - 3 + 6 ) = 3 and not ((7 / 2) - 3) = 0, since the base cost of the nocturn remain at 1.

It seem pretty counter-intuitive, or maybe I miss some specifics rules.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2011 18:46 by Ohlmann.

More
27 Nov 2011 16:59 #16183 by Mael

The ruling seem to imply that "increasing a cost" and "adding X to a cost" is two separate kind of effect. Is that true ?

To explain, if "increased by one" was an addition, in the link the 7th nocturn should cost ((1/2) - 3 + 6 ) = 3 and not ((7 / 2) - 3) = 0, since the base cost of the nocturn remain at 1.

It seem pretty counter-intuitive, or maybe I miss some specifics rules.

Just bumping this because the above question is interesting and looks like it may have been missed by Pascal.
In the quoted example, why is the maths
7 (7th Nocturn) divided by 2 (Ankara) = 3 - 1 (Charisma) - 1 (Drink the Blood of Ahriman) - 1 (Path of Night) = 0
Instead of
1 (base cost) divided by 2 (Ankara) = 0 + 6 (7th Nocturn) - 1 (Charisma) - 1 (Drink the Blood of Ahriman) - 1 (Path of Night) = 3

This was marked as correct by LSJ, but seems to be contrary to the usual rule about multiplying/dividing before adding/subtracting.

More
29 Nov 2011 00:47 #16397 by Pascal Bertrand
You are correct. 7th Nocturn costs indeed 3 blood.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mael

More
01 Dec 2011 17:14 - 01 Dec 2011 17:14 #16675 by Pascal Bertrand

1 - If a vampire recruiting Nocturn have superior [OBT], must I have another Nocturn in hand to perform the action again ? Or can I just create another nocturn from thin air ?

you must have another Nocturn card in hand.

Correct. The superior effect of Nocturn allows to bypass the NRA rule that states that you can't perform more than once the same action with the same vampire in the same turn.

This apparently lead to misunderstandings.

In order to play a second Nocturn, you must have a second Nocturn in your hand when you would play a second Nocturn. You don't need it in your hand when you play the first Nocturn.

The original question was: Can I get my second Nocturn "from thin air", as if the first Nocturn would provide extra copies of itself per cardtext?
The answer to this question is: No. Nocturn allows you to play a second Nocturn from your hand (which would otherwise be forbidden by NRA).
Last edit: 01 Dec 2011 17:14 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds