file Nickolai, The Survivor + Freek Drive

02 Feb 2012 16:28 #22244 by Miasmat
If Nickolai, The Survivor uses his special to go get :for: from one of my other minions, can he play Freak Drive on that action?

Nickolai, The Survivor
Sabbat: Nickolai may gain 1 level of any Discipline another of your ready vampires has at superior as a +1 stealth action that costs 1 blood

Freak Drive
:for: Only usable at the end of a successful action (after resolving the action). This vampire untaps.

I guess it's similar to diablerizing an older vampire and getting a Fortitude skill card, then playing Freak Drive.

I'm pretty sure he can, since he gains the discipline after the action resolves (successfully).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2012 17:09 #22245 by Brum
Yes, you can. :)
The cardtext on Freak Drive is explicit: "(after resolving the action)".
So, by the time you get to use Freak Drive, Nickolai already knows :for: , because the action has resolved.

More
03 Feb 2012 07:07 #22274 by Pascal Bertrand

If Nickolai, The Survivor uses his special to go get :for: from one of my other minions, can he play Freak Drive on that action?

Yes. He has Fortitude at the end of the action (if it was successful).

I guess it's similar to diablerizing an older vampire and getting a Fortitude skill card, then playing Freak Drive.

I'm pretty sure he can, since he gains the discipline after the action resolves (successfully).

Him gaining the level of discipline is the action's resolution. After that resolution, he has the new level of discipline.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds