file war ghoul

10 Feb 2012 14:39 #22742 by Freakdrive
war ghoul was created by Freakdrive
Hello

If I play a war ghoul without haveing an ally or a retainer to burn the war ghoul is burned! Do I still pay the cost of 3 pool? and is it conciderd to have been controlled by me even if it is burned right away?

my thought was to put superior necromancy on a Tzimisce and then play the war ghoul and have it burn! then next round play a compell the spirit at superior necromancy! If this against all odds works you have cut the cost from 3 pool to 1 blood!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2012 14:55 #22746 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: war ghoul

Hello

If I play a war ghoul without haveing an ally or a retainer to burn the war ghoul is burned! Do I still pay the cost of 3 pool?

Yes.

and is it conciderd to have been controlled by me even if it is burned right away?

Yes

my thought was to put superior necromancy on a Tzimisce and then play the war ghoul and have it burn! then next round play a compell the spirit at superior necromancy! If this against all odds works you have cut the cost from 3 pool to 1 blood!

Just pointing out that if you put it back into play using Compel the Spirit, you would then have to burn it or another ally/retainer anyway.

More
10 Feb 2012 14:59 #22747 by Freakdrive
Replied by Freakdrive on topic Re: war ghoul
Thank you for clearing that up!

More
10 Feb 2012 14:59 #22748 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: war ghoul

If I play a war ghoul without haveing an ally or a retainer to burn the war ghoul is burned! Do I still pay the cost of 3 pool?

Yes.

If you don't pay the cost, the action fizzles, and the War Ghoul never enters play. Once you have paid the cost, there is no mechanism for retrieving the cost because you don't liek the way it turned out.

and is it conciderd to have been controlled by me even if it is burned right away?

Yes, by card text.
When War Ghoul enters play, burn an ally or retainer you control.

If you don't (briefly) control the War Ghoul, you wouldn't be able to burn it.

my thought was to put superior necromancy on a Tzimisce and then play the war ghoul and have it burn! then next round play a compell the spirit at superior necromancy!

And then you have to burn an ally or retainer you control when it enters play! Which is the War Ghoul again! Again!

(War Ghoul's text is not 'when you successfully recruit War Ghoul' but 'when War Ghoul enters play'. It enters play with Compel the Spirit.)

More
11 Feb 2012 10:46 #22824 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: war ghoul

Hello

Yes.

Yes

Just pointing out that if you put it back into play using Compel the Spirit, you would then have to burn it or another ally/retainer anyway.

Correct.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds