file Primal Instincts & strike w/ maneuver

13 Apr 2012 04:40 #27775 by jAvel
Can I use maneuver from a gun (or Aid from Bats) and play Primal Instincts before strike resolution to choose another strike?

Primal Instincts, Combat, 1 blood, Auspex
[AUS] Only usable by the acting vampire after the opposing minion has chosen his or her strike. Cancel this acting vampire's strike and choose a new one.

Aid from Bats, Combat, Animalism
[ani] Strike: 1R damage, with an optional maneuver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2012 04:59 - 13 Apr 2012 05:02 #27779 by Ankha
You can play Primal Instincts but then, as you have to choose a new strike and you're commited to use the strike provided by the maneuver, you must chose again the same strike.

According to the following post, you are left with no strike at all since the strike card is in the ash heap (I don't really see why you can't use it anymore, but here's the ruling).

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/c19d76a05dc1fd41?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8

So yes, you can cycle your Primal Instincts.
But no, you can't choose a different strike.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 13 Apr 2012 05:02 by Ankha.

More
13 Apr 2012 05:06 - 13 Apr 2012 05:06 #27780 by Ankha

According to the following post, you are left with no strike at all since the strike card is in the ash heap (I don't really see why you can't use it anymore, but here's the ruling).

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/c19d76a05dc1fd41?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8

Floppy, can you explain that to us?

1/If I play a Thrown Gate during the maneuver step, the card goes to the ash heap right away, right?
2/But I still can use the strike from the Thrown Gate, right?
3/Why shouldn't I be able to use the strike from the Thrown Gate again when I have to choose a new strike? (I guess this has something to do that you can use the strike provided by a strike card only once)
4/ I think LSJ is right (point 3) but his explanation about the card being in the ash heap is irrelevant. Right?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 13 Apr 2012 05:06 by Ankha.

More
13 Apr 2012 07:25 #27795 by jAvel
Hmm, sad. This rule lowers the power of Primal Instincts card.

More
13 Apr 2012 08:06 - 13 Apr 2012 08:07 #27796 by Reyda
I guess it's a mistake from LSJ...

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 13 Apr 2012 08:07 by Reyda.

More
13 Apr 2012 16:38 #27831 by Haze
even though I've never seen anyone try to play Primal Instincts, LSJ's ruling makes no sense. why shouldn't "1.4. The Golden Rule for Cards" apply when a card says to choose a new strike?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds