file Primal Instincts & strike w/ maneuver

13 Apr 2012 19:32 #27849 by Ankha

even though I've never seen anyone try to play Primal Instincts, LSJ's ruling makes no sense. why shouldn't "1.4. The Golden Rule for Cards" apply when a card says to choose a new strike?

Choosing a "new" strike doesn't mean it can be "different".
You can choose a strike, then choose the same strike anew.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2012 20:43 #27853 by Haze
except LSJ said you can't do that either, not even if you had a 2nd copy of the strike card in hand. you MUST choose the "old" original strike, even though it's gone and cancelled. this is the exact opposite of what Primal Instinct tells you to do, so it's a ridiculous ruling.

More
14 Apr 2012 05:39 #27870 by Ankha

except LSJ said you can't do that either, not even if you had a 2nd copy of the strike card in hand. you MUST choose the "old" original strike, even though it's gone and cancelled.

Yeah, I know that. I was generally speaking.

this is the exact opposite of what Primal Instinct tells you to do, so it's a ridiculous ruling.

No, because Primal Instinct and the rules don't contradict themselves on this point.

"New" in the Primal Instinct cardtext must be understood as "choose a strike again". If this isn't clear, the ruling makes it clear.
And the rules force you to use a strike bound to a previously used maneuver.

Since you must choose a strike again but have no available strike, you can't strike.

I think you would like Primal Instinct to be "better" but this has nothing to do with plain rules.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds