file 419 Operation

18 Apr 2012 10:26 #28118 by Silmegil
419 Operation was created by Silmegil
419 Operation
Type: Action
Requires: Osebo
+1 stealth action.
Put this card in play. During your untap phase, you may move 1 pool from your prey's pool to this card or move the pool on this card to your pool. Your prey can burn the Edge to move the counters on this card to his or her pool and burn this card.

I need little help with this card and its wording. I am little confused, since english is not my native language. Expecially the part:" move the pool on this card to your pool." So my question is this: I have 2+ pool counters on this card. Can I move all of those counters to my pool at once or only one of them?

I was trying to find this ruling somwhere online, but problem is probably more my understanding of english than card wording. Thank you for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2012 10:42 - 18 Apr 2012 10:44 #28119 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: 419 Operation
Yes, you move all of it. Observe the difference between the wordings of the two effects:

-During your untap phase, you may move 1 pool from your prey's pool to this card
-or move the pool on this card to your pool.

If the second effect was meant to be 1 pool only, it would be written 1 pool.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2012 10:44 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silmegil

More
18 Apr 2012 12:05 #28121 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: 419 Operation
So basically, in order to remove the card (and retrieve all the pool lost currently on the Operation), the prey just has to successfully bleed (and burn the edge), right?

So this is a card that forces your prey to bleed, rather than, for example, wall-up and defend his Smiling Jack?

More
18 Apr 2012 12:11 #28122 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: 419 Operation

So this is a card that forces your prey to bleed, rather than, for example, wall-up and defend his Smiling Jack?

Exactly. I have seen some pretty original deck done with this and Hide the heart. (maybe not that efficient, but at the very least funny :p)

More
18 Apr 2012 13:30 #28124 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: 419 Operation

Yes, you move all of it.

Correct.

Pool: A token representing a Methuselah's status. Also, a collection of such tokens.

Using "pool" for "all the pool counters" (or blood) happens from time to time, but a good rule is to assume that, when using "the" (pool / blood), we're referring to the collection described in the context, and when using "a"/"one"/"1" (pool / blood), we're referring to a single token.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silmegil

More
18 Apr 2012 16:13 #28132 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: 419 Operation
It's especially fun with Form of Corruption.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds