file Multiple bleeds?

19 Apr 2012 07:28 #28158 by Almightyray
Multiple bleeds? was created by Almightyray
This may be me playing the game from long and only now getting back into it, but we had a rules question comes up tonight;

If I declare a bleed action, get blocked, and majesty/untap my way out, can I bleed again?

The old way we played was that since the action was blocked it never happened to conclusion and therefore did not fall under 'One bleed per minion per turn' rule.

People I were playing with tonight believed that I had this wrong, and that once you bleed and get blocked and zip out of it that you are stuck not bleeding any more.

What is the common consensus among the players on this these days on this?

-Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2012 07:32 #28160 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Multiple bleeds?
A vampire can't bleed again if he already resolved a bleed, successfully or not. Block = unsuccessful resolution, but still resolution. Change of target = unsuccesfull resolution, but still resolution. Tangle Atropos Hand = cancel, no resolution, you can try again.

More
19 Apr 2012 10:04 #28165 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Multiple bleeds?
6.1.1. Bleed
A minion cannot perform more than one bleed action each turn, even if he untaps.

The same "no repeat actions" basically applies to most other actions as well even if the only one that rules specifically restrict is Political actions.

6.1.7. Political Action
A minion cannot perform more than one political action each turn.

One of the few actions that you can actually perform several times (and sometimes you have to) is to hunt.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
19 Apr 2012 11:26 #28167 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: Multiple bleeds?
I don't want to create another topic for this, so I'll steal a bit from this one, sorry for that.

What about bleeding twice with the same minion that is stolen from another player? For example - I play spirit marionette on vampire A, take control of it, leave it on 1 blood via heidelberg castle and then bleed my prey, give vampire A back to its owner afterwards, then play temptation on vampire A to steal it again. Can vampire A bleed again in the same turn? In other words - does changing control of the minion erase the "1 bleed per turn" restriction?

More
19 Apr 2012 11:51 #28168 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Multiple bleeds?
Why would it?

More
19 Apr 2012 13:38 #28172 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic Re: Multiple bleeds?
Since you cannot bleed twice with the same minion even "by mistake" with "The Portrait" ...

Portrait:

If a Toreador has already performed a bleed action this turn and then preforms a Portrait action and the revealed vampire is between 7 and 10 capacity, the Toreador simply untaps. It cannot bleed again the same turn, so the remainder of the effect (the bleed action) is lost. [LSJ 20021118]

... I guess you cannot especially "intentionally" ...
:)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds