file Firebrand & Revolutionary Council

24 Apr 2012 05:51 #28539 by Malachy
Greets!

Let's imagine I've got three anarch vampires with a capacity of 4-5-6. The 5-cap is a baron, the 6-cap has Firebrand. Can the Firebranded vamp burn a blood to untap my acting baron WHEN a Revolutionary Council action is successful (I wanna tap the baron when choosing terms to allocate more counters)?

Firebrand

Political Action

Requires an anarch.
If this referendum is successful, put this card on the acting anarch. This anarch gets 1 additional vote during a political action. During your minion phase, this anarch can burn 1 blood to untap a ready younger anarch. Burn this card if this anarch goes to torpor. An anarch may have only 1 Firebrand.

Revolutionary Council

Political Action

Requires a baron.
Choose X, then choose X ready untapped anarchs you control and allocate 2X points among one or more Methuselahs, locations, and equipment. Successful referendum means each chosen anarch is tapped, each Methuselah burns 1 pool for each point assigned, and each location or equipment assigned a point is burned.

NC of Hungary

///

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2012 05:59 #28540 by Pascal Bertrand

Greets!

Let's imagine I've got three anarch vampires with a capacity of 4-5-6. The 5-cap is a baron, the 6-cap has Firebrand. Can the Firebranded vamp burn a blood to untap my acting baron WHEN a Revolutionary Council action is successful (I wanna tap the baron when choosing terms to allocate more counters)?

Sure. As long as it's allowed during an action, you can use it anytime in the action. You could also use it before blocks are declared, for instance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malachy

More
26 Apr 2012 07:38 #28734 by PetriWessman
Semi-relatedly: on the other hand, you cannot use Freak Drive, CrimethInc or such to untap the baron for the same use, since those are played after action resolution (which includes referendum), right?

So Firebrand seems to be one of the few ways available to maximize the destructive capability of Revolutionary Council, unless I'm missing some other "untap at start of referendum" potential effect.

More
26 Apr 2012 07:56 #28738 by Pascal Bertrand

Semi-relatedly: on the other hand, you cannot use Freak Drive, CrimethInc or such to untap the baron for the same use, since those are played after action resolution (which includes referendum), right?

Correct. "After action resolution" cards are played after a political action's resolution, which implies after resolving the referendum (after results are tallied and applied).

So Firebrand seems to be one of the few ways available to maximize the destructive capability of Revolutionary Council, unless I'm missing some other "untap at start of referendum" potential effect.

Due to its original cardtext, there's also Domain of Evernight.
And Temptation. And Rutor's Hand. And Tattoo Signal. And probaly others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman

More
26 Apr 2012 08:04 - 26 Apr 2012 08:07 #28740 by jamesatzephyr

You need the relevant vampires to be untapped when terms are set. And Freak Drive is played way, way after that, right.

The already-in-play form of Crimethinc is usable, however.

Rutor's Hand: "Beginning with your next turn, this vampire may untap once during each of your minion phases."
Alexandra: "Camarilla Inner Circle" (so that's going to make her harder to use well in such a deck but.... ": Once during your turn, you may tap or untap another ready Toreador. "
Dual Form: "[pro] Untap this vampire. During this minion phase, you may untap this vampire again."
Nu, the Pillar: "Once during your minion phase, Nu can burn a blood to untap."
Torvus Bloodbeard: "During any Methuselah's minion phase, you may burn the Edge to untap Torvus."
Hannibal: "Advanced, Sabbat cardinal: Once during each Methuselah's minion phase, Hannibal may burn 2 blood to untap."
Infamous Insurgent: "During this vampire's minion phase, his or her controller may untap a ready anarch he or she controls."
Temptation (on yourself): "During your minion phase, if the number of counters on this card equals or exceeds the amount of blood on this vampire, you may burn the counters to untap this vampire and take control of him or her until the end of the turn."
Clotho's Gift: "[TEM]... Beginning with your next turn, once during each of your minion phases, this vampire can burn 1 blood to untap."
Command Performance: "Tap during your minion phase to untap a ready Daughter of Cacophony."
Crimethinc (once in play): "[tha] Put this card in play. During your minion phase, you may burn a pool to untap a ready anarch you control."
Emergency Preparations: "Alternatively, if there are at least two Gehenna cards in play, you may play this card during your minion phase to untap a vampire with a capacity above 7."

(This is not intended to be exhaustive.)
Last edit: 26 Apr 2012 08:07 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman

More
27 Apr 2012 05:21 #28792 by PetriWessman
Wow. Ok, thanks guys, seems I missed a *lot* of possible stuff there (not that I spent much time wondering about it, but still...)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds