file Horrific Countenance untaps a tapped blocking minion

09 May 2012 16:01 #29820 by AaronC

You refuted an argument against a proposed change.

No. I refuted the validity of such arguments as grounds for rulings.
It doesn't mean I have different conclusions (in our case, we share the conclusion that Horrific Countenance does untap the blocking minion). I merely use different tools - here: cardtext, and its consistency over time.

The sun doens't turn blue because you refute my argument stating that someone painted it yellow.

I was pretty sure were going to say "no". What you wrote didn't mean that you agreed based on any kind of logic, but otherwise it didn't seem to fit into the flow of the discussion.

Real-world or fantasy-world logic informs the development of every card, and such logic can be a useful tool in teaching how to use those cards as well as understanding the rulings about such cards. Consider the ruling about how vampires created by Caitiff using The Embrace become Caitiff. That ruling is based on fantasy-world logic as opposed to card text. I prefer card text-based rulings myself, but just considering what card text is supposed to represent in the fantasy world shouldn't be a crime.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2012 17:32 #29828 by Kushiel

Maybe you don't agree that the card should be changed to read "the blocking minion does not tap" but that is the easiest solution to the problem.

The easiest solution is to not change the card.

I don't see how this kind of design helps the game because it makes you memorize a ton of cards.

Errata is what causes the need for cardtext memorization, not the other way around.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds