question-circle Brother's Blood vs Taste of Vitae

17 May 2012 13:16 #30641 by donk
The obvious answer would be yes but I just want to be sure. Does Brother's Blood prevent the effect from Taste of Vitae, since it's not the opposing vampire that looses the blood (ofc assuming another brother takes all the blood loss). Or is there a ruling for such events that dictates otherwise?

Brother's Blood
Type: Combat
Requires: same circle Sanguinus
Requires a ready Blood Brother of the same circle as another one in combat.
[san] This vampire can burn his or her own blood to heal or prevent destruction from damage taken by a member of this circle in combat.
[SAN] Put this card on this vampire. The vampire with this card can burn his or her own blood to heal or prevent destruction from damage taken by a member of this circle in combat. A vampire may have only one Brother's Blood.

Taste of Vitae
Type: Combat
Only usable at the end of a round of combat. Not usable by a vampire being burned or going to torpor.
This vampire gains an amount of blood equal to the amount lost by the opposing vampire to damage during this round. A vampire may play only one Taste of Vitae each round.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2012 13:20 - 17 May 2012 13:21 #30643 by Lech
I think the answer is: card text. So yes, brother's blood prevent gaining blood via tov.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 17 May 2012 13:21 by Lech.

More
17 May 2012 13:22 - 17 May 2012 13:23 #30644 by TorranceCircle
I think the answer is yes. The vampire in combat is not losing any blood to damage. It is all being prevented.
Last edit: 17 May 2012 13:23 by TorranceCircle.

More
17 May 2012 13:55 - 17 May 2012 13:55 #30646 by jamesatzephyr

I think the answer is yes. The vampire in combat is not losing any blood to damage.

Right so far...

It is all being prevented.

None of it's being prevented. Blood Brother A (in combat) is still taking the damage, but the blood for healing and/or blood for preventing destruction (to agg damage) is coming from a second Blood Brother (Brother B).

However, Blood Brother A has still taken the amount of damage he has taken. So an effect based off the amount of damage done to Brother A will still work as before. (e.g. an opponent hitting you with Disarm)

Additionally, the first point of agg damage that Blood Brother A takes that wounds him? Neither healed (agg damage can't be healed), nor does it require blood burned to prevent destruction.
Last edit: 17 May 2012 13:55 by jamesatzephyr.

More
17 May 2012 16:48 #30656 by Ankha

Additionally, the first point of agg damage that Blood Brother A takes that wounds him?

Is that a question (that I'm not sure to understand)?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
17 May 2012 18:52 #30659 by jamesatzephyr

Is that a question (that I'm not sure to understand)?

That thing I want to go on to talk about? Here's what I want to say about it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds