file Poison pill

23 May 2012 10:44 #31055 by Reyda
Poison pill was created by Reyda
It's a series of simple question.

1- Does poison pill takes all effects into account, even those who are not directly/mandatorily triggered by the vote but also by the choices I make ?

Example :
I play assault rifles blabla.
my prey calls peace treaty.

I play poison pill, then choose to pay for both assault rifles.
Does my prey lose 10 pool ?

2- can you play poison pill on a vote that is automatically passing ? (Dia de los muertos, charming lobby, cryptic rider ?)

3- does poison pill check the pool I burn if my own predator controls Malkavian IC Lulz von Hohenzollern ?

card text reminder :
Poison pill " Only usable during a referendum, before votes are cast.
If the referendum passes and the effect of the referendum causes you to lose pool, the controller of the acting vampire loses the same amount of pool (in addition to the effects of the referendum). "

Lulz " Camarilla Malkavian Inner Circle: While Lutz is ready, your prey burns a pool each time the referendum of a political action passes. +2 bleed."

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2012 11:14 - 23 May 2012 11:17 #31060 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Poison pill

1- Does poison pill takes all effects into account, even those who are not directly/mandatorily triggered by the vote but also by the choices I make ?

Yes, for example Reins of Power is a perfectly ordinary thing to play a Poison Pill on, which depends on choices. And that's a "may"/optional, like Peace Treaty - and you may not even have a vampire to choose.

Example :
I play assault rifles blabla.
my prey calls peace treaty.

I play poison pill, then choose to pay for both assault rifles.
Does my prey lose 10 pool ?

LSJ provides an extremely brief "Yes" in [LSJ 20040519] , which confirms that it's playable. Which of course it is, because you could cycle it uselessly in all sorts of referendums. But I would have expected "Yes (but you won't burn any pool)" if that's the effect of it.

> Is Poison Pill usable when someone calls a peace treaty and you choose to
> pay the cost to re-equip equipment that costs pool?

Yes.

2- can you play poison pill on a vote that is automatically passing ? (Dia de los muertos, charming lobby, cryptic rider ?)

No.

From the rulings page:
If a referendum will pass automatically (e.g., Cryptic Rider, Charming Lobby, Malkavian Rider Clause, Día de los Muertos), then no voting occurs during the automatic referendum, and most "during a political action" and "during a referendum" effects cannot be used. E.g., Delaying Tactics cannot be used to cancel the referendum. Any effects that operate on the number of votes that the referendum passed by have no effect. [url=If a referendum will pass automatically (e.g., Cryptic Rider, Charming Lobby, Malkavian Rider Clause, Día de los Muertos), then no voting occurs during the automatic referendum, and most "during a political action" and "during a referendum" effects cannot be used. E.g., Delaying Tactics cannot be used to cancel the referendum. Any effects that operate on the number of votes that the referendum passed by have no effect. [LSJ 19980107]][LSJ 19980107][/url]
From that ruling:

As soon as the action resolves (remains unblocked) - the time
that voting would normally occur, then vote instantly passes.

I can't think of any effects that escape this (though it would be possible to word one that way if you wanted).

3- does poison pill check the pool I burn if my own predator controls Malkavian IC Lulz von Hohenzollern ?

I don't believe this has been directly addressed at any point, and I can't think of (or find) an analogous situation.

However, in a tournament off-the-cuff situatin, I'd almost certainly rule that Lutz's special is distinct from the referendum itself. It's triggered by the referendum passing, but not the same thing.

In particular, there's an existing ruling that Lutz's special applies after the effects of the referendum. So if you oust your prey with a Parity Shift, your grand-prey (now your prey) takes Lutz's special damage. [LSJ 20090731] Question s, from Floppy:

> s/ I oust my prey with a vote called by Lutz. Does my new prey loose a
> pool ?
> If she does, is it during my turn she looses a pool ?
> Lutz von Hohenzollern
> While Lutz is ready, your prey burns a pool each time the referendum
> of a political action passes.

Yes.

Last edit: 23 May 2012 11:17 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
23 May 2012 12:03 - 23 May 2012 12:03 #31064 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Poison pill

Yes

Correct.

No.

Correct. (yourl ink seems broken, here's the fixed on: [LSJ 19980701] ).

I don't believe this has been directly addressed at any point, and I can't think of (or find) an analogous situation.

However, in a tournament off-the-cuff situatin, I'd almost certainly rule that Lutz's special is distinct from the referendum itself. It's triggered by the referendum passing, but not the same thing.

In particular, there's an existing ruling that Lutz's special applies after the effects of the referendum. So if you oust your prey with a Parity Shift, your grand-prey (now your prey) takes Lutz's special damage. [LSJ 20090731] Question s, from Floppy:

> s/ I oust my prey with a vote called by Lutz. Does my new prey loose a
> pool ?
> If she does, is it during my turn she looses a pool ?
> Lutz von Hohenzollern
> While Lutz is ready, your prey burns a pool each time the referendum
> of a political action passes.

Yes.

Here's the explicit answer from LSJ: [LSJ 20100527] :

> * Poison Pill
> Lutz calls a Kine Resources Contested, assigns 3 to his prey and 1 to
> his predator, and his prey plays Poison Pill. If the vote passes, how
> much pool does Lutz' controller burns?
> It should be 3.

Card text.

Now, that might appear cryptic to some, but it means "3" here.
Last edit: 23 May 2012 12:03 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
23 May 2012 12:36 #31069 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Poison pill

Here's the explicit answer from LSJ: [LSJ 20100527]

Mmm, helpfully, that doesn't show up on a search for "poison pill lutz author:LSJ"

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds