file The foul Monty

03 Jun 2012 10:45 #31651 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: The foul Monty

so yes, "those rulings don't still apply," and Monty Coven gets his shiny new title before voting begins.

The rulings on diablerie being atomic (a single unit, indivisible) do still apply. Indeed, LSJ confirms that in the thread you posted:

The soul gem activates after the diablerie. It, like everything else, does not interrupt the steps of diablerie; those steps are always conducted together as a unit with no interruptions.

The Blood Hunt, however, is not part of the indivisible diablerie. And so the question is about what gets in after the indivisible diablerie: a triggered effect, or the Blood Hunt. (And per the ruling you cite, it's apparently been reversed to be the triggered effects.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2012 17:07 #31671 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: The foul Monty

Yo !
My Monty plays amaranth and munches a justicar. Does he become a priscus *before* the blood hunt, allowing him to vote for his survival ?
I'm asking because in the old times there were rulings about diablerie being "atomic" and all...
Waiting for Pascal's answer :)

As said before in this thread, the blood hunt isn't part of the atomic diablerie. Effects that are triggered by the diablerie (Mounty Coven, the blood hunt referendum, ..) are orderable.

More
03 Jun 2012 17:19 #31674 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: The foul Monty

so yes, "those rulings don't still apply," and Monty Coven gets his shiny new title before voting begins.

The rulings on diablerie being atomic (a single unit, indivisible) do still apply. Indeed, LSJ confirms that in the thread you posted:

The soul gem activates after the diablerie. It, like everything else, does not interrupt the steps of diablerie; those steps are always conducted together as a unit with no interruptions.

The Blood Hunt, however, is not part of the indivisible diablerie. And so the question is about what gets in after the indivisible diablerie: a triggered effect, or the Blood Hunt. (And per the ruling you cite, it's apparently been reversed to be the triggered effects.)

yes that's exactly what i said thanks for repeating me

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds