file Infernal Servitor and Call the Great Beast timing

09 Jul 2012 10:30 - 09 Jul 2012 10:30 #32930 by Ankha
I control only 1 Infernal Servitor, Nergal with a Call the Great Beast on it (with 10 counters).

Nergal puts the 11th counter on the Call the Great Beast. Does the Infernal Servitor 1/ burn because there's a moment where I control no infernal vampire at all 2/ not burn because the Call the Great Beast effect is resolved instantaneously so when Nergal is burned, the Great Beast is there?

Thanks.

Name: Infernal Servitor
Cardtype: Ally
Cost: 1 pool
Discipline: Daimoinon
Unique demon with 2 life. 1 strength, 3 bleed. Requires an infernal vampire.
[dai] Move the servitor to the ready region when recruited. Remove her from the game if she successfully performs an action (after resolution) or if you control no infernal vampires.
[DAI] As above, and the servitor may play cards requiring Daimoinon [dai] or Obfuscate [obf] as a vampire.

Name: Call the Great Beast
[BL:R1, KMW:PB]
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Baali
Cost: 1 blood
+1 stealth action.
Put this card on the acting Baali and put X ritual counters on it, where X is the capacity of this Baali. This Baali may put a ritual counter on this card as a +1 stealth action. When this card has more than 10 ritual counters, burn this Baali and choose three Disciplines. This card becomes a unique clanless independent infernal vampire with 9 capacity, 4 strength and 3 bleed. The Great Beast has the chosen three Disciplines at superior. Move 9 blood to him from the blood bank. The Great Beast can enter combat with any ready minion controlled by another Methuselah as a (D) action and can prevent 1 damage each combat.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 09 Jul 2012 10:30 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2012 17:22 #32945 by KevinM
The resolution of the CTGB effect isn't interrupted by Infernal Servitor's card text, I don't think.

Does anything in the game work that way?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
09 Jul 2012 17:30 #32947 by Malachy
I would think that processes "happening" in the card text have no time windows between them. Like you can stockpile Spying Mission (only usable on a successful bleed but in the end it is not successful) or one would die due to a political action which happens to give her pool so she stays alive, and so on...

In this case I'm convinced Infernal Servitor doesn't get removed because it can't interfere in CtGB's inner changes so to speak :)

Of course IANP, and I just guess how these "happenings in card texts" work...

NC of Hungary

///

More
09 Jul 2012 18:24 #32951 by Megabaja
I would say that the resolution of CtGB triggers Servitor's text. Having no specific text means -as soon as possible- in my book.

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

:trub:

More
09 Jul 2012 18:31 #32952 by KevinM
The only way that I'm aware of that an effect can interrupt another effect is card text. Infernal Servitor does not have the required text.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
09 Jul 2012 19:05 #32956 by Megabaja
Let's say A has 2 pool and a minion. B bleeds A with Frederick the Weak for one, having Changeling Skin Mask also. A's minion attempts to block, and Frederick plays Lost in Crowds. He increases bleed with Old Friend's making it for two. A cannot block and is forced to remove all of his pool. He is ousted. When exactly does he remove his only minion from play? Or, should he remove his minion first or should he remove his Powerbase: Montreal before that?

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

:trub:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds