file Infernal Servitor and Call the Great Beast timing

09 Jul 2012 19:14 - 09 Jul 2012 19:20 #32957 by KevinM
How does the timing of removal from play of cards owned by an ousted Methuselah matter in any way?

Technically, rulebook 9.1 states "If you are ousted, all the cards you control are removed from the game." So, the answer is: You remove all of your cards at the same time.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 09 Jul 2012 19:20 by KevinM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2012 21:08 #32961 by Juggernaut1981
I would say that you cannot trigger the Infernal Servitor text in the middle of resolving the Great Beast.

1) Great Beast Action occurs
a) Vampire with Great Beast Burns
b) Great Beast turns into Vampire
2) Great Beast Action resolves
3) Infernal Servitor checks for Infernal Vampires and finds Great Beast.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
10 Jul 2012 11:11 #32986 by Randy
Name: Infernal Servitor
Cardtype: Ally
Cost: 1 pool
Discipline: Daimoinon
Unique demon with 2 life. 1 strength, 3 bleed. Requires an infernal vampire.
[dai] Move the servitor to the ready region when recruited. Remove her from the game if she successfully performs an action (after resolution) or if you control no infernal vampires.
[DAI] As above, and the servitor may play cards requiring Daimoinon [dai] or Obfuscate [obf] as a vampire.

I would say that the later part of the removal text on Infernal Servitor is constantly checking for infernal vampires in your controll region.

And as such it's more of a question if there is ever a time in which there is no infernal vampire in your controll region.

Call the Great Beast
Type: Action
Requires: Baali
Cost: 1 blood
+1 stealth action.
Put this card on the acting Baali and put X ritual counters on it, where X is the capacity of this Baali. This Baali may put a ritual counter on this card as a +1 stealth action. When this card has more than 10 ritual counters, burn this card as a +1 stealth action. When this card has more than 10 ritual counters, burn this Baali and choose three Disciplines. This card becomes a unique clanless independent infernal vampire with 9 capacity, 4 strength and 3 bleed. The Great Beast has the chosen three Disciplines at superior. Move 9 blood to him from the blood bank. The Great Beast can enter combat with any ready minion controlled by another Methuselah as a (D) action and can prevent 1 damage each combat.

Rarity: BL:R1 KMW:PB

As the card text says after there are more than 10 counters burn the baali and choose disciplines. After that has occured the great beast enters play in all its might.

and as such i would say there is a time when the baali is burned and the beast enters play and so the Infernal Servitor who consatnly checks for infernal vampires is removed.

Prince of Lidingö

More
10 Jul 2012 12:02 - 10 Jul 2012 13:14 #32987 by Ankha
Well, I'm pretty sure the correct answer is 2/ but I'd like Pascal's confirmation.

(2/ because cards resolves instantaneously, see Eternals Mask of Sirius when at 4 pool etc.)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 10 Jul 2012 13:14 by Ankha.

More
10 Jul 2012 13:10 #32990 by Joscha

Well, I'm pretty sure the correct answer is 2/ but I'd like Pascal's confirmation.

(2/ because cards resolves instantaneously, see Eternal Mask when at 4 pool etc.)

He means The Eternals of Sirius of course.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
10 Jul 2012 20:50 #33022 by Juggernaut1981
Ankha,
I still dispute the "payment of costs happens at the same time as effect" (which is the basis of Eternals of Sirius/Villein on 1 pool argument). That should be a different scenario; there is no payment involved in using CtGB.

The burning of the minion is not a cost of the Call the Great Beast. It is one of the effects of resolving the action to put a counter on CtGB. Since burning the vampire, choosing the disciplines and putting the Beast into play are all effects of putting the counter on CtGB, the Infernal Servitor sees them resolve concurrently (they are the immediate resolution of effects from the action of putting on the counter).

Call the Great Beast
Type: Action
Requires: Baali
Cost: 1 blood
+1 stealth action.
Put this card on the acting Baali and put X ritual counters on it, where X is the capacity of this Baali. This Baali may put a ritual counter on this card as a +1 stealth action.**The Action** When this card has more than 10 ritual counters, burn this card as a +1 stealth action. When this card has more than 10 ritual counters, burn this Baali and choose three Disciplines. This card becomes a unique clanless independent infernal vampire with 9 capacity, 4 strength and 3 bleed.**Effects of the card** The Great Beast has the chosen three Disciplines at superior. Move 9 blood to him from the blood bank. The Great Beast can enter combat with any ready minion controlled by another Methuselah as a action and can prevent 1 damage each combat.**Cardtext on your new Great Beast**

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds