heart Spell of Life, then Blessed Resilience

10 Jul 2012 06:13 #32975 by finbury
Question: Using Spell of Life, I create a mummy from a vampire with FOR NEC. The mummy takes one punch too many in combat and is burned. Can I play Blessed Resilience on the vampire card in my ash heap?

Blessed Resilience: Master. Choose a vampire in your ash heap with superior Fortitude and superior Necromancy who was burned from play. Move that vampire to your ready region.

Spell of Life: +1 stealth action. Put this card in play. Only one Spell of Life may be played each turn. You may burn five Spells of Life to put up to five vampires from your uncontrolled region in play. Each represents a unique mummy ally with life equal to capacity, 1 bleed and 2 strength who can enter combat with a minion as a (D) action.

(My guess is no, because of the Daemonic Possession rulings, but I've been wrong before.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2012 12:48 #32989 by Ankha
You can't, because there's nothing such as a "a vampire in your ash heap [...] who was burned from play" (there was a mummy).

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/0baaba8e22cb393b?pli=1

But you can play Possession since Possession doesn't check how it came to the ash heap.

Name: Possession
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 2 blood
Discipline: Necromancy
[nec] Move a vampire from your ash heap to your uncontrolled region.
[NEC] Move a vampire from your ash heap to your ready region and move 1 blood from the blood bank to the vampire.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
10 Jul 2012 20:57 #33023 by Juggernaut1981
Actually,
That ruling references using Compel the Spirit to bring back the Spell of Life Mummy (hence why it can't work because it is now a Vampire not a Mummy). It is now a vampire in the ashheap, which was burned from play (because it was a Mummy), and if it has FOR & NEC then it should be able to come back.

I would say "Yes", but then IANPB.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
11 Jul 2012 04:16 #33035 by Pascal Bertrand

Question: Using Spell of Life, I create a mummy from a vampire with FOR NEC. The mummy takes one punch too many in combat and is burned. Can I play Blessed Resilience on the vampire card in my ash heap?

No. The vampire in your ash heap wasn't burned from play, as he/she wasn't in play.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds