file Out of play and uncontrolled vampires...

17 Jul 2012 19:15 #33339 by Megabaja
...or in short, is vampire in uncontrolled region considered out of play? I know that some cards on him are...

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

:trub:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2012 20:01 #33340 by jhattara
Cards that target vampires cannot target vampires in the uncontrolled region unless it explicitly says so in the card. So yes, vampires in the uncontrolled region are out of play.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
17 Jul 2012 21:00 #33343 by Juggernaut1981

...or in short, is vampire in uncontrolled region considered out of play? I know that some cards on him are...

The vampire, and all cards/counters which are on the vampire are out of play. With the usual exception of The Golden Rule of Cards.

This means that uncontrolled vampires who are anarchs because of counters, are not anarchs when uncontrolled (the counter makes them anarch and like the vampire itself the counter is out of play and has no effect). Capacity-modifying cards/effects also have no effect. Almost all counters (corruption, VD, hostage, etc) are out of play (I am unsure of the status of pool/blood on uncontrolled vampires. Effects that do not specifically reference uncontrolled vampires will ignore uncontrolled vampires.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
21 Jul 2012 09:39 #33575 by Megabaja

Cards that target vampires cannot target vampires in the uncontrolled region unless it explicitly says so in the card.

My thoughts exactly. Then, how can any effect be directed at a card currently out of play?

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

More
21 Jul 2012 11:57 #33576 by jamesatzephyr

My thoughts exactly. Then, how can any effect be directed at a card currently out of play?

The golden rule of cards.

Out-of-play vampires (uncontrolled, contested, Descent into Darkness etc.) are not legal targets, by default. Card text can make them a legal target.

More
23 Jul 2012 12:03 #33671 by Megabaja
What bothers me is that although card itself is out of play, blood counters on it are in game.

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds